Part 2 - Department Specific Materials
Preferred file type for uploading documents is Adobe pdf.
Statement of Objectives:
In a well-developed essay of 500 to 800 words, please submit a statement of your objectives for undertaking graduate study and of your plans for a professional or scholarly career. Comment on your past work and experiences as they relate to this field of study.
- Describe your motivation for pursuing a graduate degree in the field of professional education. Be sure to specify reasons for selecting your particular specialization interest.
- Describe personal characteristics you possess that will enhance your contributions as an educator.
- Describe experiences in your life that have reinforced your desire to become a teacher. (Experience with children is of great importance.) This is required for initial certification applicants and is optional for all others.
- Describe why you believe that you are able to successfully complete graduate-level academic work. If you have less than a 3.0 GPA, you must thoroughly support essay explanations and claims of evidence.
Letters of Reference:
Please complete and submit the reference request forms below. (TESOL applicants only submit 1 letter of reference).
Please submit your most up to date resume.
Proof of NYS Initial Certification:
Test Scores (College Code: 2537)
Applicants applying to programs leading to teacher certification must submit one of the following:
- Proof of passing the edTPA (submit TEACH screen shot to email@example.com)
- GRE test scores (school code 2537)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) test scores
Refer to our programs requiring edTPA, GRE or MAT document to confirm which programs require test scores.
Questions / Need More Information:
Check out our How to Apply Page