Outstanding Undergraduate Student
Outstanding Graduate Student
The Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award is presented to a Brockport senior who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, exhibited a strong applied/performance element in their accomplishments, and contributed significantly to their department or program.
- Student must be a senior (84 credits completed at start of spring semester)
- Have a minimum cumulative Brockport GPA of 3.5
- Demonstrate a strong applied/performance element in their accomplishments (e.g., College community-based activities which may or may not relate to field of study, athletic participation, service to the College, etc)
- Demonstrate a significant service element (related directly to department or program)
- Must have completed at least two semesters of full-time study at Brockport prior to spring semester
must be a full-time student in spring ;
if the student is part-time in spring semester, they must have completed at least three semesters of full-time study at Brockport prior to spring semester.
Nomination packets must include:
Award Criteria Table (fillable application) and nomination letter from the department
- A transcript of the student’s undergraduate work
- Current résumé
- Reflective statement from the student (not more than 1 ½ pages) that addresses how their academic work in the major and their service activities contribute to their future goals.
- Any other supporting documentation – up to two additional supporting documents.
The Outstanding Graduate Student Award is presented to a Brockport graduate student who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and has made a significant contribution to their chosen field through the academic discipline or applied profession.
- Student must be matriculated in a program leading to a master’s degree in one of the following departments: Health Science; Kinesiology, Sport Studies and Physical Education; or Recreation and Leisure Studies.
- Student must graduate during the year of nomination (students who have completed all degree requirements in December or who are on track to complete all degree requirements by August of the year in question are eligible)
- Minimum cumulative Brockport GPA of 3.75 (based on a minimum of 9 credits)
Significant contribution to the student’s chosen field either through the academic discipline (e.g., publication, presentation) or applied profession (e.g., professional accomplishments related to the discipline) [Note: all contributions to the field may be considered, but those made during the student’s period of matriculation at the College will be weighted more heavily]
Nomination packet must include:
Award Criteria Table (fillable application) and nomination letter from a faculty or professional staff member (and the letter must address the “significant contribution” criterion)
- Current résumé, a transcript of graduate coursework (transfer students should include all graduate transcripts and academic performance at other institutions may be considered as one element of the application)
- Reflective statement from student (not more than 1 ½ pages) that addresses their academic work in the major, their service, and their future goals.
- A statement from the department chair/program director indicating the student’s degree status.
Each department/ program may nominate just one student for the award in any given year.
Complete nomination packets must be submitted by the department to the Dean's Office by 4 pm on February 17, 2015. Send/deliver packets to:
School of Health and Human Performance
215 Albert W. Brown Building
The College at Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 144209-2983
Contact Pam Turner, (585) 395-2350, email@example.com with questions.
Last Updated 8/31/15