Main Page Content
- The assistantship requires a minimum 20 hours per week commitment from mid-August through mid-May.
- An annual stipend of $7,500 and an in-state tuition waiver for 9 credit hours (employee is responsible for student fees) per semester.
- Travel allocation for professional development and certifications are available per approval of the Director. The assistantship is eligible for renewal upon a mutual agreement.
Description of Duties:
- Assist with Facility Management of the SERC, management of special events and the facilitation of Outside Agencies.
- Participate in orientation, homecoming, departmental events, and other campus activities.
- Serve as the on duty professional one or two nights a week and as the weekend on call professional as part of the established rotation.
- Assist with the maintenance, cleanliness, and ordering equipment for the SERC.
- Assist with scheduling of the SERC using EMS, office duties as needed, as well as serve on the Risk Management Committee.
- Supervision of student employees.
- Bachelor's degree required in Recreation, Physical Education, Health Science, Exercise Physiology or related field.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 and admittance into a Graduate program at The College at Brockport.
- Experience in Facility management and maintenance.
- Experience in assisting with large events.
- Must be able to interact effectively with students, staff, and faculty.
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher, social media applications…etc.
- Experience working in a Collegiate Recreation setting.
- Experience working with Recreation software packages such as IM Leagues, Collegiate Link, Innosoft Fusion, Reach, SubitUp.
- NIRSA affiliation.
- Certified in CPR/AED and First Aid or willing to obtain certification as an instructor.
Application and Inquiries:
E-mail resume and cover letter describing your experience and qualifications, plus the names and phone numbers of three references, to Rich Klancer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best considerations by February 16.