Main Page Content
- The assistantship requires a minimum 20 hours per week commitment from mid-August through mid-May.
- An annual stipend of $7,500 and an in-state tuition waiver for 9 credit hours (employee is responsible for student fees) per semester.
- Travel allocation for professional development and certifications are available per approval of the Director. The assistantship is eligible for renewal upon a mutual agreement.
Description of Duties:
- Develop and implement a thorough marketing plan for Campus Recreation.
- Maintain the Campus Recreation website, keeping appearance and information up to date.
- Oversee the Campus Recreation mobile app.
- Coordinate promotional and marketing needs for all areas within Campus Recreation.
- Further develop and maintain social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Assist with special campus events, departmental events, and civic engagement programs.
- Serve as the on-duty professional one or two nights a week and participate in the weekend on-call rotation.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Marketing, Sport Management or related field.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0.
- Experience in marketing and technology.
- Experience with current web software and design products.
- Must be able to interact effectively with students, staff, and faculty.
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop…etc.
- Experience working in a Collegiate Recreation setting.
- Experience working with Recreation software packages such as IM Leagues, Collegiate Link, Innosoft Fusion, Reach, SubitUp.
- Experience in Group Exercise and Fitness or Special Events.
- NIRSA Affiliation.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor certified.
Application and Inquiries:
E-mail resume and cover letter describing your experience and qualifications, plus the names and phone numbers of three references, to Scott Haines at email@example.com. Best considerations by February 16.