Founded in 1835, The College at Brockport is a nationally recognized four-year comprehensive public college focused on student success.
Located in Greater Rochester (Monroe County), the campus is 16 miles from downtown Rochester, and 45 miles east of Buffalo, NY. The department of Campus Recreation provides opportunities to recreate through Informal Recreation, Fitness and Wellness, Club Sports and Intramurals, and Instructional Programs. The Special Events Recreation Center (SERC) opened in the summer of 2012, serves as the home for Campus Recreation and was a NIRSA Outstanding Sports Facility recipient in 2013.
- The assistantship requires a minimum 20 hours per week commitment from mid-August through mid-May.
- An annual stipend of $7,500 and an in-state tuition waiver for 9 credit hours (employee is responsible for student fees) per semester. Out-of-state tuition waiver is possible.
- Travel allocation for professional development and certifications are available per approval of the Director. The assistantship is eligible for renewal upon a mutual agreement.
Description of Duties
- Assist with Facility Management of the SERC, management of special events and the facilitation of Outside Agencies.
- Participate in orientation, homecoming, departmental events, and other campus activities.
- Serve as the on duty professional one or two nights a week as part of the established rotation.
- Assist with the maintenance, cleanliness, and ordering equipment for the SERC.
- Assist with scheduling of the SERC using EMS, office duties as needed, as well as serve on committees as needed.
- Supervision of student employees.
- Bachelor's degree required in Recreation, Physical Education, Health Science, Exercise Physiology or related field.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 and admittance into a Graduate program at the College at Brockport.
- Experience in Facility management and maintenance.
- Experience in assisting with large events.
- Must be able to interact effectively with students, staff, and faculty.
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher, social media applications…etc.
- Experience working in a Collegiate Recreation setting.
- Experience working with Recreation software packages such as IM Leagues, Collegiate Link, Innosoft Fusion, Reach, SubitUp.
- NIRSA affiliation.
- Certified in CPR/AED and First Aid or willing to obtain certification as an instructor.
Application and Inquiries
Email resume and cover letter describing your experience and qualifications plus the names and phone numbers of three references to Rich Klancer. For best consideration apply by February 24.