Main Page Content
Fitness Center Rules
In an effort to promote safety, reduce the spread of the communicable diseases and prevent additonal wear and tear on equipment and machines, all students and members are asked to wear appropriate athletic clothing while working out or participating in activities. Participants not wearing approproate footwear or clothing will be asked to adjust their outfits as needed or asked to leave the facility.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear are required at all times.
- Sneakers or work out shes must be worn at all times. No open-toe shoes are allowed.
- Carry bags are not permitted in workout areas. Bags must be placed in lockers.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. As such, valuables should should not be left unattended.
- Individuals 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, unless they are a College at Brockport student.
- Students and members utilizing the fitness center should report all equipment malfunctions, personal injuries , and concerns immediately to a staff memeber.
- All activities are to cease at the designated closing time and all students and members are to clear the facility at this time.
- Loitering is not permitted within the Fitness Center.
- Please ask Fitness Center staff fr assistance when using equipment you are not familiar with.
- Do not drop weights on the floor.
- Rack weights when finished.
- Do not monopolize equipment.
- Spotters are highly recommended.
- Wipe down your equipment after use.
- Compliance with free weights includes the following:
- Collars are encouraged to be used at all times to secure weights on bars.
- Weight plates are not not to be leaned against equipment, stands, and/or machines.
- After utilizing equipment, strip bars and return plates and dumbbells to proper storage areas.
- Exercise equipment must not be altered and must be used in accordance with its intended purpose.
- Weights and other equipment may not be removed from the Fitness Center for any reason.
- All students and members are responsible for the behavior of their guests at all times.
- Be courteous and respectful of others. Disrupting or interfering with the workout of another member is not permitted.
- Only authorized Campus Recreation personnel are allowed to personal train within the recreational facilities. Use of facility for personal gain is prohibitied.
- Physical abuse to property is not allowed. Aggressive behavor will result in immediate dismissal fom the faciltiy and can result in loss of membership privileges and legal action.
- Photography and video are strictly prohibited in the Fitness Center without the approval of the Director of Campus Recreation or other professional staff member.
- Personal music items must be accompanied by personal headphones.