Founded in 1835, The College at Brockport is a nationally recognized four-year comprehensive public college focused on student success.
Located in Greater Rochester (Monroe County), the campus is 16 miles from downtown Rochester, and 45 miles east of Buffalo, NY. The department of Campus Recreation provides opportunities to recreate through Informal Recreation, Fitness and Wellness, Club Sports and Intramurals, and Instructional Programs. The Special Events Recreation Center (SERC) opened in the summer of 2012, serves as the home for Campus Recreation and was a NIRSA Outstanding Sports Facility recipient in 2013.
- The assistantship requires a minimum 20 hours per week commitment from mid-August through mid-May.
- An annual stipend of $7,500 and an in-state tuition waiver for 9 credit hours (employee is responsible for student fees) per semester.
- Travel allocation for professional development and certifications are available per approval of the Director. The assistantship is eligible for renewal upon a mutual agreement.
Description of Duties:
- Develop and implement a thorough marketing plan for Campus Recreation.
- Maintain the Campus Recreation website, keeping appearance and information up to date.
- Oversee the Campus Recreation mobile app.
- Coordinate promotional and marketing needs for all areas within Campus Recreation.
- Further develop and maintain social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Assist with special campus events, departmental events, and civic engagement programs.
- Serve as the on-duty professional one or two nights a week and participate in the weekend on-call rotation.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Marketing, Sport Management or related field.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0.
- Experience in marketing and technology.
- Experience with current web software and design products.
- Must be able to interact effectively with students, staff, and faculty.
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop…etc.
- Experience working in a Collegiate Recreation setting.
- Experience working with Recreation software packages such as IM Leagues, Collegiate Link, Innosoft Fusion, Reach, SubitUp.
- Experience in Group Exercise and Fitness or Special Events.
- NIRSA Affiliation
- CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor certified.
Application and Inquiries
Email resume and cover letter describing your experience and qualifications plus the names and phone numbers of three references to Scott Haines (firstname.lastname@example.org). FOR Best consideration apply by February 24.