The sooner you can report the incident to the police, the better. If you are on campus, you can use a blue light phone or call (585) 395-2226 for connection to University Police.
Main Page Content
If you are off campus, call 911. Police cannot investigate the incident as a crime unless you file a formal report. Reporting a crime initiates an investigation but does not obligate you to pursue criminal prosecution.
Students may choose criminal prosecution, a referral to the student conduct system, or both.
Members of the campus community may report criminal incidents to:
- University Police at (585) 395-2226
- Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs at (585) 395-2137
- Office of Student Affairs at (585) 395-5990
- Student Health Center at (585) 395-2414
- Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities at (585) 395-2122
- Counseling Center at (585) 395-2414
- Helpline at (585) 395-2796
- Title IX and College Compliance Officer Denine Carr at (585) 395-5066
Victims of a crime can also make a voluntary report on a confidential basis. Reports of this nature are filed with the University Police for information purposes only, but there is no formal investigation.
The Rape Crisis Service (off campus) will also take a “proxy report” for which information about the incident is taken and submitted to the police agency with jurisdiction over where the crime was committed. The victim’s name is not on this report. To contact the local Rape Crisis Service, call 1-800-527-1757.
- University Police: 395-2222
- The College at Brockport Counseling Center: 395-2414
- The College at Brockport Health Center: 395-2414
- The College at Brockport Title IX: www.brockport.edu/title_ix
- RESTORE: (585) 546-7777
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4675)
- RAINN Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
- NYS Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- For the complete listing of the College's policies, please visit www.brockport.edu/policies.
- The College Campus Safety Report is located there and provides detailed information about sex crimes, penalties, and other information.