Main Page Content
General College Health Sites
- Go Ask Alice - Columbia University's question-and-answer forum for health information.
- State of New York Department of Health - Health information, research, data concerning health trends in NYS.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Credible information to enhance health decisions and applies disease prevention and control.
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission - Federal-regulated agency that helps and protects public from risks of injury with consumer products.
- Food and Drug Administration - Information, such as safety, sanitary, and effectiveness, on products such as, foods, cosmetics, prescription/non-prescription drugs.
- World Health Organization - United Nations specialized agency for health. Lists activities, reports, news and events on various health topics around the world.
Information Pages and Links
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism - Supports and conducts research on causes, treatments, and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol related problems.
- Century Council: Fighting Drunk Driving - Provides comprehensive information to help promote responsible decision making regarding alcohol.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest / Booze News - Provides comprehensive up to date reports, fact sheets, petitions, commentaries, and other alcohol prevention links.
- Alcohol Treatment Resources - Provides solutions for recovering from drug addiction.
- Planned Parenthood - Provides variety of information on sexual health issues.
- Influenza - Publishes a fact sheet of information about influenza.
- Sports Injuries - Serves as a source of life long orthopedic learning.
- First Aid - This site will link you to the Mayo Clinic's first aid information.
- Asthma and Allergies - Provides information concerning allergies and asthma and how to manage these problems.
- Nutrition - Provides a range of information, transaction, and technology solutions that help consumers, physicians, and health providers navigate through the health system.
- WebMD - Provides a range of information, transaction, and technology solutions that help consumers, physicians, and health providers navigate through the health system.
- The Sexual Health Network - Provides easy access to sexuality information, education, mutual support, counseling, therapy, and health care products.
- Discovery Health Channel - Provides discovery channel answers frequently asked questions on health topics.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Provides rapid and effective information to improve drug abuse and addiction on prevention, treatment, and policy.
- Addiction Center - Connects addicts and their families with the help they need to put their lives together, providing information on substances, addictions, and recovery support.
- Yahoo! Health - A search engine that leads the way to a multitude of health related material.
Much information on traveling healthy and smart is available on the Internet. Reliable sources include:
- US CDC Travelers' Health Home
- WHO On-line International Travel and Health
- US Department of State Travel Warnings and Consular Information
- Shoreland's Travel Health On-line
- International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers
- Lonely Planet Health
- Disability Resource: Accessable Page
- HTH Travel Insurance
- Association for Safe International Travel Country by Country
- International Society of Travel Medicine
- American Society of Travel Medicine and Hygiene
- The Travel Clinic