General College Health Sites
- Go Ask Alice - Columbia University's question-and-answer forum for health information.
- State of New York Department of Health - Health information, research, data concerning health trends in NYS.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Credible information to enhance health decisions and applies disease prevention and control.
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission - Federal-regulated agency that helps and protects public from risks of injury with consumer products.
- Food and Drug Administration - Information, such as safety, sanitary, and effectiveness, on products such as, foods, cosmetics, prescription/non-prescription drugs.
- World Health Organization - United Nations specialized agency for health. Lists activities, reports, news and events on various health topics around the world.
Information Pages and Links
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism - Supports and conducts research on causes, treatments, and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol related problems.
- Century Council: Fighting Drunk Driving - Provides comprehensive information to help promote responsible decision making regarding alcohol.
- Alcohol Treatment Resources - Provides solutions for recovering from drug addiction.
- Planned Parenthood - Provides variety of information on sexual health issues.
- Influenza - Publishes a fact sheet of information about influenza.
- Sports Injuries - Serves as a source of life long orthopedic learning.
- Asthma and Allergies - Provides information concerning allergies and asthma and how to manage these problems.
- Nutrition - Provides a range of information, transaction, and technology solutions that help consumers, physicians, and health providers navigate through the health system.
- WebMD - Provides a range of information, transaction, and technology solutions that help consumers, physicians, and health providers navigate through the health system.
- The Sexual Health Network - Provides easy access to sexuality information, education, mutual support, counseling, therapy, and health care products.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Provides rapid and effective information to improve drug abuse and addiction on prevention, treatment, and policy.
- Addiction Center - Connects addicts and their families with the help they need to put their lives together, providing information on substances, addictions, and recovery support.
Much information on traveling healthy and smart is available on the Internet. Reliable sources include:
- US CDC Travelers' Health Home
- WHO On-line International Travel and Health
- International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers
- Association for Safe International Travel Country by Country
- International Society of Travel Medicine
- American Society of Travel Medicine and Hygiene
- The Travel Clinic