The Student Health Center is open to all College at Brockport students.
Main Page Content
The Campus Health Center fee is a mandatory, non-user-based fee. In addition to supporting the operation of the Health Center, the fee is used to promote many health and wellness programs conducted for the benefit of students. The Health Center fee is not health insurance and is mandatory for all students except those study abroad students participating in an overseas program. The Health Center fee cannot be waived.
The Student Health Center is a clinical site for students in undergraduate nursing and athletic training programs. We also serve as clinical preceptors for non-Brockport graduate nurse practitioner students. Your consent is required to allow a student to participate in or observe your care.
All students doing clinical practice or working in Hazen have received training specific to health standards, including confidentiality, policies, and procedures. They work directly under the supervision and guidance of the professionally licensed clinical staff.
Students are encouraged to make appointments but can be seen during walk-in hours Monday – Friday, 8 am – 11 am throughout the year. Walk-ins are first come, first served. Appointments can be scheduled Monday – Friday, 11 am – 4:15 pm, when school is in session. During Summer Session and Winter Session, appointments can be scheduled 11 am – 3:15 pm. Emergencies will be evaluated as needed.
Services Received Outside the Health Center: Services received outside the Health Center (e.g. area hospitals/emergency rooms, laboratories, specialists) are not covered by the Health Fee and are billed on a fee-for-service basis.
Rates and Charges 2018-2019
|Office visit (without health fee)||$20.00|
|Air cast ankle||$25.00|
|Crutches not returned||$30.00|
|Hepatitis A immunization||$40.00|
|Plan B (MAP)||$30.00|
|Procedure fee (suture/dermabond)||$25.00|
|Massage (30 minutes)||$25.00|
Services and Clinics
- Massage Therapy
- Ambulatory Clinic
- Women's Health
- Preventive Health
- Tobacco Cessation Assistance
- Free Pharmacy Delivery
- Travel Clinic
- Self-Care Stations
- Sports Medicine Clinic
- HIV Testing
Massage therapy is again being offered at the Health Center! To make an appointment with our licensed massage therapist, please call (585) 395-2414.
The cost is $25 for 30 minutes, which can be billed to the student's account. No-shows and students who are late for their appointment will be charged the full amount for the massage they scheduled.
Regularly staffed by registered nurses and nurse practitioners, the clinic provides care for a wide variety of health care needs such as:
- Injuries: Athletic, suturing of simple lacerations, wound care, trauma (e.g. fallen on ice)
- Sickness: respiratory infections, bladder infections, asthma, flu, vomiting/diarrhea, mono, just to mention a few
- Gynecological visits (by appointment only)
- STI prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
- Contraceptive management
- Lab visits
- Physicals: Employment/volunteer, ROTC, international travel
- Immunizations: Don't let the MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) and Meningitis requirement keep you out of classes! Keep in mind shots like tetanus, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, and tuberculosis screening (known as PPD) that might need updating. Specific vaccines may also be available. Immunizations are administered "at cost" to students.
- Health Education Offerings: A wide variety of topics from sex to drugs and rock-and-roll
Tobacco Cessation Assistance
- Self-help information available at Hazen and at www.nysmokefree.com.
- Quitting Tips
- Schedule an appointment for tobacco cessation. A nurse practitioner will assist you to explore your tobacco use habit and help you create a personalized quit plan.
- Delivery from the Wegmans Brockport pharmacy to the Health Center is covered by the health fee. To set up delivery, the student must contact Wegmans and provide a credit or debit card to them to cover the cost of the medication. Students must also fill out a release at the Health Center authorizing Wegmans to deliver their medication.
- Medications not picked up by the student will be returned to Wegmans after 10 days.
- Certain medications cannot be delivered to the Health Center. If you have questions about your medication being eligible for delivery, please call (585) 395-2414.
- We offer comprehensive international travel information, physicals, and immunizations for students traveling abroad.
Over-the-counter remedies are available without waiting or charge for minor problems with colds, pain, and wounds. Just stop in and see what's available.
- Cold Pack: Choose between regular and alternative health packs.
- Aches and Pains Pack: Try either ibuprofen or acetaminophen to relieve those typical discomforts like minor headaches, sprains and strains, and menstrual cramps.
- Wound Care Kits: Self-treatment for minor injuries like blisters, small cuts, scrapes, and burns.
If you use the self-care packs as directed and you do not feel better in 2-3 days, or if your condition worsens, please make an appointment with the Health Center.
Sports Medicine Clinic
- Arranged specifically for College at Brockport athletes.
- The clinic is located in the Athletic Training Room, 124 Tuttle South, on Wednesday afternoons during the academic year.
- Staffed by athletic trainers and a physician.
- For information about scheduling an appointment, please call the Athletic Training Room at (585) 395-5374.
By appointment only, we offer:
- Blood testing – insurance will be billed at discretion of the student