Main Page Content
The Omicron Delta Kappa Emerging Leader Award seeks to recognize students that, in the short time they have been on our campus, have demonstrated incredible potential and an excellent commitment to scholarship, leadership, and service.
Each year, the selection committee seeks applications from students who meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate student with a minimum of 3.30 cumulative grade point average
- Freshman, sophomore, or international student with 54 credits or less
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of Omicron Delta Kappa: Scholarship, Service, Integrity, Character, and Fellowship
- Demonstrated leadership potential as shown through various modes of involvement, including campus organizations, leadership positions, peer mentorship, engaged learning, and community service.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE APPLICATION:
- A current copy of your resume
- A current copy of your myCCT, co-curricular transcript (optional)
- 1-2 Letters of Recommendation
- An essay of no more than one page responding to the following prompt:
- How have you demonstrated at least 3 of the values of Omicron Delta Kappa – Scholarship, Service, Integrity, Character, and Fellowship – during your time at The College at Brockport? How do you plan to continue engaging with these values through your involvement on campus in the future?
Please note: Your response should highlight your involvement in at least one of ODK’s five phases of campus life: Scholarship (i.e. research, presentations, awards, etc.); Athletics; Campus or Community Service, Social and Religious Activities, and Campus Government; Journalism, Speech, and Mass Media; or Creative and Performing Arts.
- Applications are accepted from students detailing leadership experience and a commitment to the values of Omicron Delta Kappa.
- A campus selection committee will review the applications and select up to three winners.
- The recipients will be recognized at the Annual Student Leadership Awards Ceremony on Monday, April 24, at 5 pm in the Seymour College Union Ballroom.
If you have any questions regarding this award, please contact Omicron Delta Kappa at firstname.lastname@example.org.