Main Page Content
"Our college community is filled with people who desire to make a positive impact on those around them. Winning this award has given me the opportunity to reflect back on my college experience. I was able to thank those who have supported me and saw me not for what I was, but for what I could be. I have grown a lot throughout my college years and will do my best to pass on my knowledge in order to help others. It truly has been a privilege and an honor to have been the recipient of the 2015 Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award."
– Daniela Bulos '15
"Receiving the Marion Schrank award was one of the most beloved moments of my college career. It allowed me to reflect on my experiences and truly appreciate all the people, opportunities, and experiences Brockport gave me. It made me realize to what level my hard work made a difference to my college community and fellow classmates. It also encouraged me to continue to be someone who works with integrity and civility wherever my life takes me."
– Alyssa Mitchell '14
The Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award is the pinnacle of student leadership awards at The College at Brockport. The recipient of this award exemplifies integrity and civility, with a demonstrated desire to build a better community. The recipient receives an award of $1350 and is invited to provide the closing remarks at the Annual Student Leadership Awards Ceremony.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 1
Each year, the selection committee seeks applications from students who meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate student with a minimum of 3.00 cumulative grade point average
- 54 completed credit hours at the end of the fall semester
- Record of exemplary leadership, scholastic achievement and a commitment to the College community through various modes of involvement, including campus organizations, leadership positions, peer mentorship, engaged learning, and community service.
- Demonstrated commitment to citizenship and the creation of an inclusive Brockport community
- A current copy of your resume
- An essay of no more than two pages responding to the following prompt:
- How have your experiences shaped your growth as a leader and allowed you to impact your community? In what ways have you demonstrated a commitment to inclusivity and the Better Community Statement?
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
- Applications are accepted from students detailing leadership experience and commitment to creating a better Brockport community.
- A campus selection committee reviews the applications and offers interviews to approximately five finalists.
- Feedback from the campus committee will be utilized by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs to determine the winner and runner-up.
- The recipient and runner-up will be recognized by the College during the Annual Student Leadership Awards Ceremony on Monday, April 29, 2019. The recipient will be asked to give a 5- to 10-minute speech to close the ceremony.
If you have any questions regarding this award, please contact Kim Piatt, Associate Director of Community Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 395-2987.