Living Learning Communities (LLCs) provide unique environments where select groups of students share common residential and learning experiences. Based on disciplinary and interdisciplinary themes, LLCs create intentional links between academic, social, and residential experiences.
Main Page Content
- Living with students who share interests, passions, and challenges
- Convenient, natural study groups
- Special events and off-campus field trips
- Targeted academic enrichment
- Networking opportunities with faculty
- Early arrival to campus in the fall (first-year): Thursday, August 24, 2017
There are many partnerships across campus and within the community to support the Living Learning Communities. Partnerships are also created among students as they have similar majors and/or academic interests, live and learn together. For 2016-2017, there were approximately 575 first-year students participating Living Learning Communities, which is 53% of the first-year class, living on-campus. Each community is facilitated by Residential Life/Learning Communities staff (Resident Directors, Resident Assistants and LLC Mentors), faculty partners (also Faculty in Residence), The Office of Student Retention and The Student Learning Center. The faculty partners interact informally on a regular basis and also create unique and useful programs within the residence halls. They provide information sessions, help students develop and to get to know students on multiple levels.
It is an honor and privilege to be a member of a Living Learning Community. Spaces
are limited. Priority is given to students who demonstrate a commitment to academic
success, intellectual curiosity, civic engagement, and lifelong learning.
Applicants must complete their housing application, available online in early March at http://www.brockport.edu/reslife .
- Select any LLCs you're interested in joining
- If you have a specific roommate you’d like to request, please be sure you both enter each other’s Banner IDs so that you mutually request each other.
- Please also be sure that you’re talking about the LLC options and are choosing the same LLC(s) on your application.
- Please be sure to complete the supplemental questions for the LLC portion of the Housing Application. These responses do not need to be lengthy; a few sentences are sufficient
- Want more information? Visit our FAQ page.