Center for Select Respect
The Center is dedicated to informing students about relationship violence, sexual violence, and stalking prevention.
Party Smart exists to educate students about how drugs and alcohol can pose a serious threat to the health and well-being of the members of our community.
At the Office of Prevention & Outreach Services, we strive to make health contagious. Evidence and theory-based practices are used to assist students in developing and maintaining healthy behaviors, skills, and attitudes that enhance personal development, academic success, and campus/community well-being.
Prevention and Outreach Services staff support this mission by:
- Assessing student health and development needs and addressing them appropriately
- Encouraging student responsibility for individual and community well-being
- Engaging actively with student leaders and organizations
- Facilitating individual and group education and skill building sessions
- Providing opportunities for leadership, advocacy, and development
- Creating a health-promoting normative environment
- Developing and maintaining campus/community coalitions and collaborative relationships
Ultimately, Prevention and Outreach Services staff strive to create an environment where the healthiest decision is the easiest decision!