Main Page Content
2018-2019 Housing Selection Timeline
|December 1, 2017||Housing Deposits Accepted for Townhomes or General Housing in The Office of Student Accounts or via WebBanner|
|Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 5 pm||Housing Deposit Deadline – Townhomes|
|Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 11:59 pm||Application Deadline – Townhomes|
|Monday, February 19, 2018||General Online Housing Application Available|
|Friday, April 6, 5 pm||General Housing Deposit Deadline – Current Students|
|Sunday, April 8, 11:59 pm||General Housing Application Deadline – Current Students|
|Friday, April 13, 5 pm||Students that indicated interest in an LLC-Sign back into the Housing portal to find out your selection time. Times will be based on total credits earned.|
|Wednesday, April 18||Online LLC Housing Selection. Only one person needs to sign in to the application, as that person's selection will pull in all reciprocal roommate/suitemate requests.*|
|Friday, April 20, 5 pm||Non LLC Students- Sign back into the Housing portal to find out your selection time. Times will be based on total credits earned.|
|Tuesday, April 24||General Housing Selection. At your selection time/date, please once again sign back into the housing portal to pick your building, floor, and room. Only one person needs to sign in to the application, as that person's selection will pull in all reciprocal roommate/suitemate requests.*|
|Tuesday, May 1||Last day to request your $100 advanced housing deposit back, if you no longer plan to live on campus. Please visit our policy page for more information.|
*Please note: The Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities does not encourage students to skip academic responsibilities to choose their Fall housing assignment.
If you do not fill all the spaces in your room/suite with mutually requested and confirmed
roommates/suitemates, those spaces may be chosen by other current students, or we
may assign the space(s) to a new incoming transfer student. This also applies to spaces
that may become available during the summer.
Select floors will be reserved in the halls for programmatic housing such as Living Learning Communities. Students interested in participating in this year's LLCs for returning students may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the LLC website for more information.
- Pay Your Deposit! (If you don't you will not have access to the application) Pay your advanced housing deposit online (via WebBanner). Check out the online instructions, by visiting The Office of Student Accounts webpage (instructions are on the left side of the page, fourth tab down)
- Find People to Live With! (Please remember to confirm all roommates/suitemates)
- Fill out the Housing Application (found below)
- If you are interested in a Living Learning Community (LLC), please pick one, in the application.
- Sign back into the housing application on the dates listed above to find out your selection time. LLC students sign in one day and Non-LLC students sign in another.
- At your selection time/date, please once again sign back into the housing portal to pick your building, floor, and room. Only one person needs to sign in to the application, as that person's selection will pull in all reciprocal roommate/suitemate requests. *Please note: The Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities does not encourage students to skip academic responsibilities to choose their Fall assignments.
- Please Note: All students in the packet must complete an application AND confirm their
Eagle Hall Information:
Current Students can add themselves to the Eagle Hall waitlist (in the online housing portal), after they fill out the 2018/2019 Returning Student Housing Application.
Gender Inclusive Housing Information:
Gender inclusive housing seeks to provide an environment that is welcoming to all gender identities and is not limited to the traditional gender binary (male and female). We recognize that same-sex room assignments are not ideal or appropriate for all students. Students who sign up for these areas will be permitted to have roommates and suite mates regardless of gender identity and/or expression. We are able to offer a limited number of gender inclusive housing options in most of the communities. Read more about gender inclusive housing.
Extended Housing Option for Current Students:
All Residence Halls will be open the entire academic year (August- May) with the exception of the winter holiday shutdown during winter recess. If you anticipate needing housing during the winter holiday shut-down, please indicate that on the housing application. Information about housing during the winter holiday shutdown, will be available in mid-Fall 2018.
The Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities may not be able to honor all requests for 6-person suites. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO BREAK-UP IF NO MORE 6 PERSON SUITES ARE AVALIABLE. If you must do this, please be prepared with an additional person who will choose a location, for the remainder of the group. It is your responsibility to break up your group.
Current Students can add themselves to the Student Townhomes waitlist (in the online housing portal), after they fill out the 2018/2019 Returning Student Housing Application. Learn more about the Student Townhomes here.
Be prepared! Know what room/suite you would like before selection:
|Mortimer Hall||2, 3, 4 and 6 Person Suites (2 and 3 person suites are limited availability)|
|Briggs Hall||6 Person Suites|
|Bramley Hall||6 Person Suites|
|Perry Hall||6 Person Suites|
|Harmon Hall||4 Person Suites (very limited availability )|
|Eagle Hall||2 person rooms with private bathroom|
Before You Begin the Online Housing Application:
- You will need to know your Brockport NetID and Password
- You will need to wait one business day after your housing deposit is received to access the housing application through your user account.
- Please read and understand our On-Campus Housing License and Refund Policy.
- If you are requesting a specific roommate, you will need their Student ID number (800xxxxxx).
Online Housing Portal Link:
Once you begin the online housing application, specific details will be available regarding housing options and how the assignment process will work.
When logging into the online housing portal, we suggest logging in from a computer, laptop, or tablet. Students have noticed compatibility issues when logging in from their mobile devices (Cell Phones, Droids, iPhones, iPads, etc.)