Every candidate must attend one Information Session. Information sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, October 28th 9:30 PM - MacVicar Smart Classroom
- Wednesday, October 30th 6:00 PM - McFarlane 1st Floor Lounge
- Tuesday, November 5th 6:00 PM - Thompson Smart Classroom
- Thursday, November 14th 9:30 PM - McLean 1st Floor Lounge
- Monday, November 18th 9:30 PM - Seymour Union, Room 187
- Friday, November 22nd 4:30 PM - Mortimer 1st floor lounge
- Wednesday, December 4th 9:30 PM - Benedict/Dobson Lounge
- Tuesday, January 28th 6:00 PM – Eagle Multi-Purpose Room
- Thursday, February 6th 9:30 PM - Briggs 1st floor lounge
- Wednesday, February 12th 5:30PM - McLean 1st Floor Lounge
|Date & Time|
|Friday, November 1, 2019 (8:30am)||All applications open|
|Tuesday, November 12, 2019 (11:59pm)||Applications for Priority Deadline must be received|
|Wednesday, February 12, 2020 (11:59PM)||Applications & recommendation forms for NEW RAs are due|
|Wednesday, February 12, 2020 (11:59PM)||Applications for SRA and Returning RAs are due|
|Friday, February 21, 2020||Required Interviews for qualified candidates|
|Saturday, February 22, 2020||Required Group Process for qualified candidates|
|March 2020||Candidates will be notified of placement via their BROCKPORT email address|
The following prompts will be asked in the online application. You will NOT be able to start your application and return to it at a later date. Please review these prompts and be prepared to answer them when completing your application.
New RA Application question prompts:
- What are the most important functions of a Resident Assistant?
- What is a residential community and how would you build it as a Resident Assistant?
- What are some of the challenges students living on-campus face? How would you address these challenges as an Resident Assistant?
- As a Resident Assistant, what would you do to create an inclusive environment where all students feel safe, valued and respected as members of the campus community?
- As a Resident Assistant, how would you contribute to the personal, academic, and social success of students in your community?
Returning RA Application question prompts:
- What skills have you learned in your Resident Assistant position that will assist you in your post-college career?
- What actions can you take to create and maintain a positive staff morale throughout the academic year?
- How do you intend to personally avoid burnout and remain motivated?
- As a Resident Assistant, how do you support the Mission statement of the Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities?
- Please list and explain:
- Your accomplishments as a current staff member.
- The contributions you plan to make in the upcoming year.
Senior RA Presentation prompts:
- Why are you interested in the Senior RA position and how does it relate to your long term goals?
- What are three things you hope to achieve by being a Senior RA? How will these things benefit you, your staff, and/or your residents?
- In what ways would the Senior RA position be different from being an RA? How would you balance taking more initiative, staying positive, and setting a tone for your staff and residents?
- As a Senior RA, describe how you would support your Resident Director and staff members.
- Describe an educational program that you would like to initiate with your Resident Director. How would this program benefit your community?
- Please give one example of an Office, Department or individual that you've successfully collaborated with in the past. Share why this collaboration was successful and what you gained from this experience.
SRA Presentation Requirements:
- Provide the committee with a copy of your resume.
- Must use a visual aid to present with (e.g. video testimonials from residents, pictures on poster board of things you have done, PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.).
- Presentations must be 15-20 minutes in length. The final 10-15 minutes will be for further questioning from the committee
For questions regarding the RA Selection Application Process, please contact the RA Selection Committee at email@example.com