Main Page Content
Saturday of Service (SOS) is a massive community service initiative at The College at Brockport for all incoming freshmen/transfer students.
- This one-day event takes place during Fall Welcome Week and is led by the Office of Community Development.
- Each year, approximately 1,000 incoming students spend several hours volunteering at more than 60 different organizations and agencies in the local community.
- Saturday of Service has become a significant tradition at the College and has been able to have an immense impact on its participants and the surrounding community.
- Over the past seven years, 6,300 volunteers have served the greater Rochester area, equating to nearly 14,000 hours of service. In calculating the economic impact, this event is estimated to have had an impact of $325,740 thus far.
- Upperclassmen, faculty/staff, administrators, alumni and community members can participate as a Team Leader and lead a group of incoming students to their site.
Want to sign up to participate?
The majority of incoming students will register to participate in Saturday of Service during Summer Orientation, but you can register here as well. If you have questions about registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to be a Team Leader?
Upperclassmen, faculty/staff, administrators, alumni and community members are encouraged to volunteer as a Team Leader. It is your chance to interact with the incoming class of students. Sign up to be a Team Leader for SOS 2017!
Did you know Saturday of Service is a Nationally Recognized Program?
The National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) recognizes the outstanding contributions of members who are transforming higher education through exceptional programs, innovative services, and effective administration. NASPA's Excellence Awards cover eleven categories crucial to the success of students and the continued growth of the student affairs profession.
In February 2017, Saturday of Service was selected as the 2016-2017 Gold Award Winner for the Civic Learning, Democratic Engagement, Service-Learning, Community Service, and related category.