Main Page Content
Campus Nomination Process
The Undergraduate Student Employee of the Year program is a nation-wide selection process, which begins at the institutional level. Each year, the Northeast Association of Student Employment Administrators looks to supervisors at colleges across the region to nominate student employees who they feel are especially worthy of recognition based on their performance on the job. The student you nominate will be considered for the institutional Undergraduate Student Employee of the Year award, and, if selected, has the opportunity to move on to district, regional, and national consideration.
In your letter of nomination, please describe the accomplishments of the nominee which you feel qualify him/her to be considered for Undergraduate Student Employee of the Year recognition. Your letter of nomination must be limited to two pages. Nominations will be judged on the following characteristics: quality of work, initiative, disposition, reliability, and the contribution to the employer. By including answers to the following questions, you will likely be touching upon the 5 selection criteria.
- The nominee’s greatest attributes, as they relate to the job.
- How the nominee has gone above and beyond the standard work expectations.
- The quality of the nominee’s work and work style.
- The nominee’s leadership skills, initiative, and motivation.
- The impact the nominee has had on your department, campus, and community.
- The qualities of the nominee that set him/her apart from other student employees.
For your nomination to be complete, please submit the following three items:
- The Campus Nomination Form (see below)
- The student’s job description
- Your letter of nomination(two page limit)
Please note that additional materials such as a second letter of recommendation or performance evaluations will not be considered at the district/regional selection level.
The information you provide may be shared with the public through press releases and other promotional opportunities. NEASEA reserves the right to re-format the wording of your text to meet the criteria and format of the national competition, should your student be chosen as the regional student employee of the year. NEASEA will not alter the meaning or the interpretation of your nomination.