Congratulations to our award recipients!
Main Page Content
Student Organization “Unsung Hero” Award
This award recognizes a registered student organization member who has established themselves as a rising leader and made significant contributions to his or her organization but is not within an officially recognized leadership capacity for that student organization. This student gives their all to the organization, demonstrating true commitment and devotion to the organization’s causes both on campus and in the community. The nominee may be a member – they may not be the president of or in an officer capacity within their organization. The nominee should demonstrate potential for advancement to a leadership position and go above and beyond the typical requirements for a student organization general member.
- 2017 Recipient: Ryan DiPaola, Sexual Orientations United for Liberation (SOUL)
- 2016 Recipient: Marisa Gosdeck, Brockport Advocates for individuals with Disabilities (B.A.D.)
- 2015 Recipient: Kristen Kopunek, Active Minds
- 2014 Recipient: Leah Smeltzer, Brockport Women's Rugby
- 2013 Recipient: Kenny Beck, Circle K
Student Organization Officer of the Year Award
This award is open to a student organization officer. This award recognizes an individual who publicly advanced the mission of their organization while challenging and encouraging the membership to advance new initiatives, acquire new skills, and prepare the organization for leadership transition and ongoing success. This award is bestowed upon the individual who has illustrated the commitment and leadership that they have offered their organization/group, and most especially the community of – and/or surrounding - The College at Brockport as a whole.
- 2017 Recipient: Christopher Burrows, Men's Club Soccer
- 2017 Finalists: Emily Blackwell (English Club), Olubunmi Gbajumo (Men of Color), Kelly Kuehn (WBSU 89.1 The Point), and Bailey Morse (American Association of University Women - AAUW)
- 2016 Recipient: John Benicasco, Sexual Orientations United for Liberation and Vox:
Voices for Choice
- 2016 Finalists: Katherine Booan (Brockport Against Rape and Sexual Assault (BARS)), Allyson Hildreth (Club Cheerleading), Mollie Schwartz (Club Gymnastics)
- 2015 Recipient: Meghan Brown, Brockport Swing Dance Society
- 2015 Finalists: Greg Lewis, Ashley Owens
- 2014 Recipient: Helem Fabre, SOUL President
- 2014 Finalists: Kerlyne Colin, Kaley Donaldson, Brent Swanson
- 2013 Recipient: Charles Ferussi - Established Student Organization Officer of the Year
- 2013 Recipient: Michael Furness - Emerging Student Organization Officer of the Year
Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award
This award will be presented to the student organization advisor that showed outstanding leadership and advisement in supporting the efforts of the student organization. The individual receiving this award will be judged on their advisory and support skills for the student organization.
- 2017 Recipient: Dr. Barbara Kasper, Student Social Work Organization (SSWO)
- 2016 Recipient: Lynne Maier, Brockport Against Rape and Sexual Assault (BARS)
- 2015 Recipient: Dr. Justin Walden, Brockport Public Relations Club
- 2014 Recipient: Agnes Seneway, Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
- 2013 Recipient: Warren "Koz" Kozireski, 89.1 The Point
Student Organization Event of the Year Award
This award is given to a registered student organization that hosted an on campus event during the previous school year. The award specifically recognizes events or programs that are collaborative, innovative, and unique, reach a wide audience on campus, and have clearly stated outcomes.
- 2017 Recipient: Men of Color's "Solidarity Walk"
- 2016 Recipient: Brockport Against Rape and Sexual Assault (BARS)'s "The Better Sex Talk Campaign Photo Shoot"
- 2015 Recipient: African Student Union (ASU)'s "Fresh Water Challenge"
- 2015 Finalist: Environmentally Conscious Organization for Society (ECOS)'s "Clean the Port"
- 2014 Recipient: Cancer Doesn't Fly with Eagles' St. Baldrick's Event
- 2013 Recipient: SOUL's "Jennifer Boylan: A Life in Two Genders"
Student Organization Outstanding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative Award *NEW as of 2016-2017*
This award will be presented to a registered student organization that has demonstrated (a) sustained initiative(s) to promote diversity, build community, raise awareness, and create a more inclusive and equitable atmosphere at The College at Brockport.
- 2017 Recipient: Brockport Muslim Student Association
Student Organization of the Year Award
This award is selected by the respective areas (Brockport Student Government Club Councils, Campus Recreation Club Sports, Fraternity & Sorority Life, etc.) Its purpose is to recognize a student organization that has embodied their mission and that of the College throughout the organization work during the current academic years. It honors one recognized student organization that has enhance the College, student community, the development of their organization members, and has continued to be reputable and have a strong presence on The College at Brockport’s campus and in the surrounding community.
- 2017 Recipient: Cheerleading
- 2017 Finalists: Alpha Phi Alpha – Rho Alpha Fraternity, Brockport Muslim Student Association, EuroSim, and Men of Color
- 2016 Recipient: Brockport Advocates for individuals with Disabilities (B.A.D.)
- 2016 Finalists: Caribbean Student Association (CSA), Criminal Justice Student Association (CJSA), Dumbledore's Army, Men's Club Soccer, Phi Sigma Sigma
- 2015 Recipient: Organization for Students of African Descent
- 2015 Finalists: Active Minds, Circle K, National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- 2014 Recipient: Cancer Doesn't Fly with Eagles
- 2014 Finalists: Autism Speaks U, Brockapella, The Hip Hop Dance Club, Women's Rugby
- 2013 Recipient: Circle K
- 2013 Finalist: Sexual Orientations United for Liberation, SOUL
If you have any questions, contact: Student Union and Activities
Phone: (585) 395-5646