Welcome to The College at Brockport's Women's Center!
Main Page Content
The Women's Center (WC) runs and sponsors programs aimed at raising awareness of women's experiences. The Center attempts to develop campus initiatives, programs and materials that encourage a discourse among Brockport constituents and educate students and staff about issues relevant to their lives. The WC is open to all members of the college community. The Women's Center is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We are located at B124 Seymour Union. Call us at (585) 395-5584.
- Information: The center offers a library of books on such topics as women's history, health, relationships, spirituality, and careers. We also keep a file of pamphlets, newsletters and announcements of current events of interest to women.
- Referrals to Other Sources: We provide referrals to other student groups on campus as well as resources in the community at large. In addition, our on-campus Counseling Center provides support and services for members of the campus community.
- Support and Advocacy: We are here to support and advocate for women in any way we can.
- Guest Speakers: We invite women in leadership roles who have a message to bring to our community to come in and speak.
- Lunch Hour Forums: Forums are held occasionally to give women and men a place to discuss issues of importance to them.