Main Page Content
Deans’ Council Policy on Stipend Requests in Investment Funds Proposals (9/29/17)
Investment funds may be used to provide faculty and staff with stipends or allowances only if the work involved falls well outside of their normal job responsibilities. An example would be a project that requires an employee to work during a period when they are off contract. Stipends provided by non-Investment Funds budgets may be used as match. Stipends must be pegged to adjunct faculty compensation rates, i.e., 40 hours of work is equivalent to 1 credit hour (currently $800). Proposers who wish to include stipends or allowances in their Investment Funds projects must have approval to do so from the Dean’s Council (deans, provost, vice provost) before they can submit their proposal to the Joint Budget and Planning Committee.
- James Haynes, Interim Provost & VP of Academic Affairs
- Eileen Daniel, Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
- Joyendu Bhadury, Dean of Business & Management
- Thomas Hernandez, Dean of Education, Health & Human Services
- Jose Maliekal, Dean of Arts & Sciences