The quality of the marketing materials (that includes even a letter) to external audiences is very important.
Main Page Content
It communicates the quality image of the College, whether through graphics, language, tone, or photography. With that in mind, please remember the following guidelines:
- External audiences are defined as: prospective students (until they are registered), parents of both prospective and current students, alumni, the business community, elected officials and government agencies, vendors, and academic colleagues/organizations.
- Use official College letterhead, not photocopies, for correspondence.
- The official College font is Garamond for text or brochure copy.
- If reproducing from computer directly to the letterhead or other stock, use a laser printer only, never an ink-jet printer.
- Personalize your correspondence whenever possible (e.g., “Dear Ms. Jones:”)
- Letters should be formatted in block style
- All correspondence to prospective undergraduate and graduate students (until they are registered) should be personalized. (Please, do not address communication with "Dear Student.”)
- Enclosures such as brochures and flyers must go through the normal channels for writing and/or editing and production with the staff in College Communications.
- Enclosures must be printed from laser-printed originals; do not photocopy from a photocopy.
It costs four times as much to recruit a student as to retain one.
Please review the College approval policy for marketing materials.