Main Page Content
Department of English
General Education Documents
General Education Proposal Guidelines and Forms - Submit all GED proposals to the appropriate Dean's office. If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Lamphron in the Vice Provost's office - 395-2504.
- Instructions for Obtaining College Senate Approval of General Education Courses
- General Education Program Supplemental Course Registration Form
- Contemporary Issues Student Learning Outcomes Checklist
- Add, W, Y, D, or O- Perspectives on Women/Oral Communication/Diversity/World Civilizations Student Learning Outcomes Checklist
- Fine Arts/Fine Arts Performance Knowledge Area- Coded "F" or "P" Student Learning Outcomes Checklist
- Humanities Knowledge Area - Coded "H" Student Learning Outcomes Checklist
- Natural Sciences and Natural Sciences With Laboratory - Coded "N" or "L" Knowledge Area Student Learning Outcomes Checklist
- Social Sciences Knowledge Area - Coded "S" Student Learning Outcomes Checklist
Article VI: Standing Committees of the Senate
Section K: Committee on General Education Curriculum and Policies
- Membership: At least one-half (1/2) the membership of this Committee shall be teaching faculty, including at least two (2) members from each of the three (3) Schools of the College. This Committee shall be chaired by a teaching faculty member. The General Education Program administrator shall be an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Committee, but shall not chair the Committee.
- Purpose: This Committee shall act for the Senate in the continuing oversight of all
aspects of the General Education Program and make recommendations for maintaining
the quality of General Education at Brockport. Its responsibilities shall include
reviewing and approving GEP courses, and making recommendations to the Senate on such
- GEP course registration procedures
- Creation and review of GEP implementation policies
- Evaluation on a cyclical basis of all GEP components and the Program as a whole
All General Education proposals must be submitted to the Office of the Vice Provost.
Do not send your proposal directly to this committee.
Follow the General Education instructions on the How to Submit a Proposal page.