Here are some basic steps we recommend that members of the campus community take to prepare for the possibility of an emergency.
If you notice any suspicious activity on campus, inform University Police immediately at (585) 395-2222.
If students feel they need to speak to a counselor, they may contact the Counseling Center at (585) 395-2207, or stop by Hazen Hall.
In case of emergency, we recommend you keep available:
- Battery-powered radio
- Small supply of dry food/bottled water
In the event of a local or national emergency, keep yourself calm and informed, and follow instructions of emergency personnel. You can learn more from:
- SUNY RAVE
- Campus Helpline at (585) 395-2796
- Emergency Conditions number at (585) 395-COLD
- The College at Brockport Home Page
- WHAM, AM 1180
- The Point, FM 89.1
- WOKR 13 Rochester (Cable channel 13)
- WIXT Syracuse
- WIVB Buffalo
- Resident Assistants and Resident Directors (campus residents)
- Seymour College Union staff (commuter students)
- Department Chair or Unit Head (faculty and staff)