The College at Brockport is pleased to offer 8-week summer graduate internship opportunities in the following areas
Main Page Content
- Community Development
- Summer Orientation and Student Retention
- Prevention & Outreach Services
- Residential Life and Living Learning Communities
- $2,000 stipend + $300 meal allowance
- Fully-furnished apartment living provided (separate sleeping room with shared common space, including full kitchen, washer/dryer, internet, cable)
- College Recreation Center Membership
- Free parking
- Bike borrowing available
- Travel expenses not included
- Professional Development Opportunities, including weekly seminars facilitated by College administrators on topics related to working in higher education administration.
General Expectations & Experiences
- Internship Dates: Thursday, May 30, 2018 - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
- 40 hours per week with some evening and weekend responsibilities
- Specific job descriptions
To apply, email the following materials to email@example.com by January 1, 2018:
- Cover letter which includes a rank order of the three positions that interest you most and an explanation of why you chose that rank,
- Names and contact information for three professional references
About the College & Community
The College at Brockport, founded in 1835, is a four-year institution serving 7,400 undergraduate and 1,250 graduate students. The Village of Brockport is a western suburb of Rochester, NY. The College offers both a wide selection of liberal arts majors as well as a large number of professional programs. A long-standing leader in international education, Brockport partners with some of the world’s most distinguished institutions including Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
Welcoming approximately 2,300 new students including over 1,000 freshman, 1,000 transfers and 250 graduate students in the fall of 2010, the College offers 48 undergraduate majors and 41 graduate programs. The College is recognized within the “Best in the Northeast,” “America’s Best Colleges,” and “100 Best Values” by The Princeton Review, US News, and Kiplinger’s.
Located on the historic Erie Canal, Brockport, NY rests on a 435-acre campus that occupies grassy fields and wooded areas. The campus is in the midst of significant re-development. In addition to the current facilities master plan exercise, a new special events/recreation center is under construction, one of the residence halls just re-opened after complete renovation and another is off-line to rehab, a new academic building is in the planning stages, and approximately $100 million is being invested in critical maintenance and repair
About the Rochester Area
With a population of more than one million, the greater Rochester area is a major business, exporting, cultural, educational, and sporting center that ranks among the upper echelon of metropolitan areas across the nation. It is home to Fortune 500 companies Bausch & Lomb, Eastman Kodak, and Xerox, as well as other leading international corporations. Arts & Culture highlights include the Eastman Theater concert hall, the Geva Theatre Center (plays), The Little and Dryden Theatres (art and classical movies) and the renowned Strong Museum; stylish dance clubs, chic restaurants and performance areas – the Festival Tent, Blue Cross Arena, Frontier Field (professional baseball), PAETEC Park (professional soccer); and the Riverside Convention Center. The city is located on Lake Ontario and is just over an hour east of Niagara Falls and Lake Erie. To the south is the Finger Lakes Region of New York which boasts year round recreational opportunities and world class wineries. New York City is a 6-hour car drive or train ride to the southeast and Toronto, Canada is a 3-hour car drive around Lake Ontario.
Any questions about the program or the positions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.