Roles & Responsibilities
Building Coordinators have accepted an important responsibility. The time and energy they bring to the task make SUNY Brockport a better place to learn, work and play.
The Building Coordinator has responsibilities in several areas such as serving as a focal point for many activities that take place within the physical structure of their building as well as acting as liaison between the many different groups of the College community.
- Be familiar with all exits out of the building
- Be familiar with assigned assembly points for building evacuations
- Review and submit all key requests and express any concerns to the Lock Shop: (x2437)
- Generally assists in resolving common area building issues
- Assist in training alternates to assume duties when the building coordinator is on leave, absent or not available
Safety & Security Duties
- Accompany University Police, Facilities Maintenance and Operations representatives, and state inspectors on scheduled safety and fire prevention tours
- Be notified of all accidental occurrences in the building and keep a record of such
- Assist the College Emergency Manager, Environmental Health and Safety Director, or University Police in scheduling training or facilitating exercises with building staff
- Confirm signage is in rooms and near exits related to safety and evacuation information (request sign replacements as needed).
- During building evacuations, direct First Responders to building’s designated “Area of Refuge” in order to assist those with access and functional needs who may need assistance evacuating the building
Maintenance & Operations
- If faculty or staff member is not familiar with the facilities request protocol, building coordinator may assist or train the staff member or submit the request on behalf of the faculty or staff member
- Report building deficiencies (common areas) to the Facilities Service Center (x2408 or by an online service request).
- Notify building occupants of emergencies or planned disruption of services either verbally or by posting and forwarding copies of Construction Advisories and/or Service Shutdown Notices
Equipment Placement & Replacement
- The Building Coordinator assists in the determination of the location of vending machines and where food may be handled. The type of machines to be placed in a building should be discussed with Brockport Auxiliary Service Corporation (BASC) staff. Inform BASC when vending machine problems occur (x2272)
- Replacement of furniture, drapes, and other furnishings in public areas and general classrooms in a building should be put in the budget cycle. If it cannot be handled by departmental budgets within the building, a separate budget should be prepared and submitted to the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Management for possible funding. This budget cycle usually begins in November for the next fiscal year's funds.
Things to Think About
- Do I have emergency phone numbers posted and readily available in my workplace?
- Do I know where emergency call boxes are located near my building?
- How will I communicate if the campus data network is inoperative?
- Have I downloaded the RAVE application on to my smart phone?
- What are the ingress and egress points throughout my building?
|Allen Administration||John Carlson (585) 395-2980 / Julie Pruss (585) 395-2361|
|Alumni House||Elizabeth Standish (585) 395-2648 / Kerry Gotham (585) 395-2576|
|Brockway Dining Hall||Cathy Legacy (585) 395-2421 / Steve Osborne (585) 395-2794|
|Brown Building||Lisa Mogle (585) 395-2510/ Melissa Coleman (585) 395-2146|
|Chapman Service Complex||Larry Brien (585) 395-5394 / Tammy Jo Manz (585) 395-5205|
|Conrad Welcome Center||Johnna Frosini (585) 395-7275 / Dave Sevor (585) 395-7275|
|Cooper Hall||Deborah Brague (585) 395-2291|
|Dailey Hall||Heather Weber (585) 395-5540 / Larry Brien (585) 395-5394|
|Drake Library||Kathy Hettel (585) 395-2140|
|Edwards Hall||Frank Mancini (585) 395-2225 / George Elyjiw (585) 395-2475|
|Harrison Dining Hall||Cathy Legacy (585) 395-2421 / Steve Osborne (585) 395-2794|
|Hartwell Hall||Julie Hunt (585) 395-2985|
|Hazen Hall||Lynne Maier (585) 395-5951|
|Holmes Hall||Debbie Reynolds (585) 395-2488|
|Lathrop & Neff Halls||Fred Rion (585) 395-5375|
|Lennon Halls||Thomas McDermott (585) 395-5718|
|Liberal Arts Building||Tiffany Jewel (585) 395-5806 / Sarah Bensley (585) 395-2394|
|Rakov Center||Peter Dowe (585) 395-2531|
|Residence Halls||Carl O'Connor (585) 395-2122|
|REOC/Brockport Downtown||Kim Heyward (585) 327-4016|
|SERC||Rich Klancer (585) 395-2774|
|Seymour College Union||Kim Haines (585) 395-5646 / Jen Wall (585) 395-5646|
|Smith Hall||Kim Von Buren (585) 395-2182|
|Tower Fine Arts||Duncan Chase (585) 395-2239 / Gary Musante (585) 395-5264|
|Tuttle Annex (North & South)||Kathryn Delaney (585) 395-5928|
|ITS&N Data Centers||John Perevich (585) 395-2888|