Main Page Content
About the Scholar & Grants Development Office
The Scholar & Grants Development Office helps the campus community to identify and submit applications for potential sources of government, foundational or corporate funding for scholarship, travel, or program development. It also oversees the Institutional Review Board (IRB), administers Brockport's competitive internal grant awards for faculty scholarship, graduate student research, and student-presenter travel to academic conferences. Additionally NCUR, SURC, and Brockport's own, Scholars Day, academic research events on the national, state, and local levels, are coordinated by Grants Office staff.
Due to federal compliance requirements and institutional financial review, all applications for external funding (fellowships, research and service grants and contracts, curricular development awards, travel awards, etc.) must be submitted through the Scholar & Grants Development Office.
Partners in Research & Scholarship Funding
The Scholar & Grants Development Office:
- Assists with applications for external grants funding
- Manages Brockport-funded internal grants programs
- Oversees Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Supports scholarly & creative student work through research programs & events
- Partners with BSG to fund student travel program
Spin contains over 40,000 opportunities from more than 10,000 sponsors. It’s available through the Grant & Scholar Development Office.
With SPIN, you can:
- Access funding information online, from any browser
- Organize grant information in one convenient place
- Gain access to the largest Keyword list, allowing for greater flexibility in your searches
- Quickly locate Limited Submission Opportunities, Federal or non-Federal programs
- Locate all types of funding information—Fed Business Opps / Federal Register Guide
Contact Justine Briggs to set up your account.