Main Page Content
Scholars Day is an annual celebration of scholarship and creative activity that features undergraduate and graduate student presentations and involves faculty and staff from across The College at Brockport. This signature campus event provides students intellectual enrichment and professional development and illustrates the academic excellence at the heart of the Brockport experience.
Scholars Day enables students as well as faculty and staff to:
- present scholarly and creative work
- practice disciplinary techniques of public presentation
- learn from fellow scholars and artists across the disciplines
- engage with members of the college community in educationally meaningful events
- support a college culture of intellectual initiative and academic excellence
Scholars Day 2017 is on Wednesday, April 12, 2017. In order to enable the entire campus community to participate in the morning and afternoon sessions, classes are suspended on the main Brockport campus from 8 am until 4:45 pm (classes resume on the Brockport campus at 5 pm).
Our history The first Scholars Day in April 1984 included 72 faculty and staff presentations. There were no student presenters.
Scholars Day 2016 featured panels, presentations, posters, and performances by just under 700 presenters--faculty, students, and staff.
+ + + + + +
Scholars Day 2017 - Types of submissions:
· INDIVIDUAL Oral PRESENTATION or Performance. One presentation which will be placed in a session with other presentations by Scholars Day organizers. These submissions will be grouped into sessions of 2-5 presentations or performances and organized around common themes and/or disciplines. If you are submitting more than one presentation or performance for the sessions or are a member of a group session, please indicate this in the Special Requirements box on the form so that we do not schedule your presentations at the same time.
· POSTER PRESENTATION. One project with one or more authors placed in a large poster session, The Poster Palooza, organized by academic field and held on the Main Floor at the SERC Field House.
· ENTIRE SESSION.
A) 2 - 5 presentations to fill the allotted time. An entire session comprised of multiple presentations arranged by faculty in any of the following: five 16-minute; four 20-minute; three 26-minute: or two 40-minute presentations/performances. (Times to include question and discussion.)
B) One class/group presentation to fill the allotted time - An entire session comprised of a single presentation/panel/performance by a class or group.
Visit the new Scholars Day Submission & Information pages here!
(Submission Deadline - Friday, March 3.)
Wednesday, April 12