Main Page Content
320 Procedures for Handling Investigations by State and Federal Agencies
320.01 General Procedures
In order to standardize procedure for handling investigations by state and federal agencies outside the College (i.e., U.S. Department of Labor, Equal Employment Office, Human Rights Offices, various other agencies, etc.) the following procedure will be followed:
- The office or individual contacted by a state or federal agency requesting data or information on employees or students, review of files, etc. will be referred to the Office of the President.
- Based upon such referral, the Assistant to the President will determine the nature of the request, the office involved, whether a subpoena has been issued or under what federal directive or law such an investigation is directed. Based upon such investigation, University Counsel's Office will be consulted.
- After review by the University Counsel's Office procedures will be suggested for handling the agency request.
- The President's Office will notify the College office involved and will make the necessary arrangements for satisfying the agent's request. In the event that access to the information is denied, arrangements will be made for the agent to discuss the matter with the University Counsel.
- A written report of the investigation, records involved, and information sought from the records, etc. will be completed by the Office of the President and a copy filed with SUNY University Counsel's Office.