Main Page Content
Chapter 143 - Communication Policy and Principles of the State University of New York College at Brockport
The purpose of this policy is to foster and maintain a communication climate that will help all employees support fully the College mission to "provide a campus environment conducive to learning" in which "each aspect of campus life" is recognized as "part of the educational process." While doing their jobs as members of the College community, all employees shall adhere to the following principles:
- Good communication is a two-way process for which both the sender and receiver are responsible.
- Good communication requires clear, accurate, timely, and complete messages.
- Good communication flows freely in all directions, using methods best suited to the needs and preferences of those involved.
- Good communication fosters an environment of fairness, challenge and cooperation that encourages all to do their best work.
- Good communication requires significant participation in the decision-making process by those most directly affected by and accountable for consequences of the decisions.
- Good communication strengthens the institution by using open and frank discussion without fear of retaliation to build trust and teamwork, thereby promoting an open, healthy and productive atmosphere.