Main Page Content
Three levels of training have been identified at The College at Brockport:
- Faculty and Operational Support Staff
- Academic and Operation Management
- Executive Management (access executive level training by clicking on one of the following: PowerPoint or PDF Format)
With the assistance of the Office of Human Resources, training materials are being developed for each level. Training topics will include:
- What is Internal Control?
- What do we mean by "managing risks"?
- Risks to the College
- Why is internal control important?
- Internal control breakdown
- What's in it for me?
- How does the College manage risks?
- What internal controls can and cannot do?
- Components of internal control
- The control environment
- Information and communication
- Assessing and managing risk
- Control activities
- Intenal control - whose job is it?
- Individual checklist
- Managers/supervisor checklist
- Threats to internal control
Depending on the level (category that employee is assigned to), training will be conducted online using Angel, in-person or via hard copy materials. As training materials become available and/or are implemented, campus employees will be provided with instruction on completing training and informed of deadlines for completion.