The Academic Services & Instructional Support team makes sure instructors can get the training and support they need to use Blackboard and other learning technologies.
Main Page Content
Training and Workshops
Introduction to Online Teaching
Prepare to teach an online course at Brockport with this introductory course.
Timeframe: 4 weeks, plus end-of-term follow-up course review meeting
Delivery: a blend of asynchronous online learning and real-time synchronous sessions
Who it’s for: Brockport instructors with little or no online teaching experience; those interested in learning more about online teaching at Brockport
What you'll learn: the basics you need to design and teach online courses at Brockport
Completion Certificate: You will receive a completion certification, which can qualify you for an online course development stipend through Brockport’s Office of Special Sessions & Programs.
- Requires 2–4 hours of time per week
- Learn about tools to increase faculty and student engagement, online teaching best practices, and Blackboard, Brockport’s learning management system
- Facilitated by Brockport’s Instructional Technologist, Shari Hardenbrook.
Spring 2019 (March 18-April 19, 2019)
Summer 2019 (July 8-August 9, 2019)
For more information, contact Shari Hardenbrook, Instructional Technologist, email@example.com,(585) 395-5043.
Join us for a face-to-face or online (webinar) workshop with our team. Workshop topics include Blackboard basics, VoiceThread, Kaltura CaptureSpace, Blackboard Collaborate, Gradebook, and more.
Report an issue with Blackboard or any Blackboard learning technologies such as VoiceThread, SafeAssign, Kaltura, and Remote Proctor Now. Provided by the Open SUNY Help Desk.
Submit a help ticket online or call (585) 395-5151, option #6.
Stop by for one-on-one Blackboard help from our team during walk-in hours.
Spring 2019 Hours
- Mondays 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM Brown (2nd Floor Lounge)
- Tuesdays 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Hartwell (101C)
- Wednesdays 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Drake Library (55-A)
- Wednesdays 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Edwards - CELT
- Thursdays by appointment – CourseDesign@Brockport.edu
- Fridays 9:00 – 11:00 AM by Collaborate Ultra - https://tinyurl.com/ASIS-Fridays Or Dial in: 571-392-7650 PIN: 759 425 8709
- Brockport Downtown 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM 2/21, 3/13, 4/18, 5/2
Or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment