By accessing your account through the network, hardware or software provided by The College at Brockport, you agree to the following Rules and Regulations for Internet and e-mail use.
Main Page Content
- These rules and regulations have been formulated to inform the community of acceptable and appropriate use of Internet and e-mail.
- Internet/e-mail use must conform with the goal of facilitating the exchange of information to support the College's mission. Any act contrary to this mission, whether specifically mentioned below or not, will be considered abuse of the Internet/e-mail privilege and may result in campus judicial action for students and disciplinary actions for employees including, but not limited to, loss of access.
- Any use of College Internet/e-mail services for illegal activity is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, the restriction or loss of Internet/email services.
- Any use of Internet/e-mail which results in plagiarism, copyright infringement or any other violation of academic regulations is not allowed.
- The College at Brockport provides a standard e-mail address for all faculty and staff (generally first initial/last firstname.lastname@example.org) and all faculty and staff must use this as their official e-mail address.
- The College at Brockport does not allow the automatic forwarding of email. This policy
has been implemented for the following reasons:
- Security: Automatic forwarding poses a number of security threats.
- Privacy: Automatic forwarding increases the risk that confidential information would be sent outside of our environment.
- Delivery of Bmail: The College relies on email for official communications to students. We can confirm delivery of e-mail to Brockport mailboxes; however, we cannot guarantee that messages are delivered to servers outside of our environment.
- The College at Brockport provides Internet and e-mail access for educational and research purposes only. College Internet/e-mail accounts may not be used for personal business, profit-making activities or game playing.
- The College at Brockport requires that all faculty and staff e-mail accounts are included on the faculty/staff e-mail distribution list. As one community, it is important to have consistent communications and this is particularly important for providing important information during emergency situations such as extraordinary weather conditions, H1N1 flu updates, etc.
- Users should understand that Internet/e-mail is NOT secure. No guarantee of security or even arrival of transmissions is made. Internet and e-mail should not be used for the transmission of confidential or sensitive data. Users agree to respect the privacy of others' information.
- Users agree to use software and network access at their own risk. Problems should be reported immediately to an ITS staff member.
- Users agree to respect system capacity. Mail files should be brief, limited to 1 MB in size (including attachments).
- Users agree that accounts are for their individual use only. Using someone else's account or allowing others to use your account is not permitted, and may result in permanent loss of computing privileges or College disciplinary sanctions.
- Any other act which violates these rules or any academic regulation is considered a serious offense and may result in permanent loss of computing privileges.