We support the technology used by the College community in pursuit of their mission.
Main Page Content
- You have control over your ticket. When you open a ticket, you will receive an email that is interactive. You can click on a link in the email to look at your ticket, add information if necessary, and communicate with a technician.
- You decide if your ticket is closed. Technology Support Services will resolve tickets instead of closing them. You will receive an email with links that allow you to permanently close or reactivate your ticket with additional comments if necessary.
- You will receive email updates whenever your tickets are modified. These messages will originate from suny.service-now.com. In most cases, any reply you make to these emails will be automatically appended to your open ticket(s).
- Feedback helps us improve our services! In your ticket resolution email, you will also have a link to a survey to complete about your experience.
- The Knowledge homepage displays articles organized by knowledge base and category, as well as featured content and popular articles.
- Give it a try! Log into the Service-Now portal at suny.service-now.com and check it out.
Services By Category
IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is the single point of contact for initiating service requests and reporting problems with technology. It is staffed by professional staff and well-trained student employees. The Service Desk is able to resolve most computing issues over the phone or via remote connection.
Email & Collaboration Support
We are the primary means of support of student, faculty & staff users of the College's email and calendar systems.
- Office 365 Email and calendaring for faculty and staff.
- Filecity2: A secure and convenient way for staff members to share and collaborate on documents and other files.
- Google Apps: A suite of producitivity tools for student collaboration.
Accounts & Passwords
- NetID: Every active employee, student, and faculty member is assigned a netID which is used to access various computing resources.
- Banner ID: A nine digit number beginning with 800. Your Banner ID allows you to log into Web Banner.
- Google Apps: The Google Apps acount is for students to access email, calendar, contacts, and more.
- Discounted software for Faculty, Staff, and Students: The College at Brockport Faculty, Staff, and Students are eligible for discounted for software for several different products. To see what software is available, see the following web page: Brockport OnTheHub
- For software for home use, including Minitab, Maple, and Mathematica, see the following web page: software available for home use
- VLAB: This program allows access to our campus lab computers from home. For installation instructions check out Vlab Information
- Software center for Faculty/Staff computers
- Faculty/Staff computer support: The IT Service Desk is the single point of contact for initiating service requests and reporting problems with technology.
- Technology Procurement: In order to ensure that technology purchased by The College at Brockport is cost-effective, complies with our technical requirements and is properly set up for our environment, we help facilitate the technology procurement process.
- Attention students! Apply for a job with TSS!