Main Page Content
What we're doing
- Introduced a campus bike borrowing program. Now offered thru Recreation Services.
- Online Rideshare tool to search for carpool and driving partners.
- Carpool permit holders share driving and have access to a premium parking space on campus.
- PTS drives a low emitting, fuel-efficient vehicle.
- Online My Parking Account reduces paper use. (Purchase permit, pay citations, appeal and review account).
- Offer Zipcar car sharing program.
- Supported Special Event & Recreation Center (SERC) construction project for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) requirements-- with no parking spaces added.
- Parking attendants encouraged to patrol utilizing the bike donated by University Police.
- Co-sponsor Annual Walk Bike Event - campus and village community give cars a rest and walk/bike to their designation.
- Pay Stations are solar powered and have a battery saving sleep mode.
- Parking lot greeters deter vehicular backup and idling by directing to open spaces.
- Sponsored a landscape day where volunteers spruced up the landscaping at the Conrad Welcome Center.
- Promote healthy living-- staff is participates in the annual campus Eat Well, Live Well campaign.
- Provide shuttle services.
- Communications are emailed instead of using paper, goal to go paperless.
- Rechargeable batteries in handhelds, printers and office equipment.
- Computers shut down when not in use.
- Recycle paper, bottles, and cans.
- Promote NYS-Ride - allows employees to have pre-tax deductions made from their paycheck to reduce the out-of-pocket costs of using public transportation for their commute.
- Supported Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Certification requirements for construction of the Liberal Arts building by providing reserved parking spaces for low emitting, fuel-efficient vehicles. Vehicles with rating of 40 or higher are eligible.
What more can WE do?
- Encourage customers to use paperless My Parking Account.
What YOU can do
- Share a ride with a buddy, but not your permit.
- Purchase, pay, and appeal online using My Parking Account.
- Borrow a bike instead of driving.
- Change light bulbs to energy efficient florescent bulbs.
- Turn down the thermostat 1 degree in the winter and up 1 degree in the summer
- Use power management to put computers to sleep when they are not in active use.
- Buy recycled 100% post consumer waste paper, re-manufactured printer/toner cartridges, post it notes, scissors, and file folders.
- Buy things in bulk to reduce packaging and waste.
- Share all this information with fellow students and faculty. Knowledge is power.