Main Page Content
Charter Service Terms
First Transit are pleased to offer chartered shuttle and bus services as a transportation option to College departments and registered student organizations for local trips. This service is provided on a limited basis and in combination with the availability of resources. Providing charter services is a secondary function of PTS and will not be operated if doing so has a negative impact on our fixed route system.
The decision to provide or deny services is solely at the discretion of Parking and Transportation management and First Transit. Eagle Run shuttles seat 20 passengers and all are ADA accessible. Larger buses may be available if needed. Advanced reservations are required.
- Reserve Eagle Run shuttles at least 21 days in advance and larger buses 30 days in advance. A late fee may be assessed for all charters booked less than 21 days in advance.
- The cost for chartered service is $75 per hour with a two hour minimum. This includes a professional driver. Extra charges may be incurred to cover the cost of tolls, parking, etc.
- Cancellations and reservation changes require a minimum of 72 hours of advanced written notice. A cancellation fee will be applied for late notices.
- Charter charges may begin accruing 30 minutes before the first pick-up time and end upon arrival back at the College. These rates will be charged if the bus is in motion or sitting still, and includes the driver, fuel, and mileage.
- In accordance with College policy, no alcohol or tobacco products will be allowed on the buses. Charter routes will be determined by First Transit.
- First Transit will determine the number of buses required.
- Each group is responsible for its passengers.
- The driver retains the right to cancel the charter any time they feel the group is acting in a manner that misrepresents the campus community or endangers the safety of the bus or other passengers.
- Any damage incurred by any rider, the organization securing the agreement will be held responsible for the cost of repairs and all related expenses.
- PTS, BASC, the College at Brockport, and/or First Transit shall not be liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, road conditions, storms and other circumstances beyond its control.
- Estimated prices do not necessarily reflect the final cost. Any changes in the itinerary may change the final cost of the charter. The final cost will be calculated after completion of the charter.
- You will receive an invoice shortly after your charter. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. All payments are to be made payable to First Transit. Please include charter invoice number on all checks and money orders. There is a $35 service charge for all checks returned for any reason. No additional charters may be contracted by your group until payment in full has been received.
- To the extent allowable by law, your organization agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The College at Brockport, Brockport Auxiliary Service Corporation and any of its components, officers or employees from any claim, demand, or suit whatsoever, whether based upon personal injury, including death, or property damage, or otherwise, which relate in any way to services provided by Parking and Transportation Services
To request chartered service, please complete and submit the Charter Request Form. Forms cannot be submitted unless you agree with the terms and conditions outlined above. A representative will respond to your request within three business days via email.