Main Page Content
How to Request Space
- Determine when and where you might want to hold your event.
- Think about the date, time, and location.
- Consider other events going on around campus.
- Make sure you have enough lead time to plan your event!
- Utilize the "who to contact" list (see links to left) to check on availability of
the space(s) you'd like to use before publicizing or further planning for your event.
- Making sure space and services are available and appropriate is essential to planning a successful event!
- If you need assistance with identifying an appropriate space, contact Conferences & Events.
- Submit your completed Event and Room Request Form (PDF) to the appropriate scheduling office (see "who to contact" at left).
- 10 days advance notice required for events with services.
- Submission of the form does not guarantee use of space!
- If your event is in more than one venue, send all forms to Conferences & Events.
- The "event description" section of the form is used to explain and promote your event on the College Events Calendar.
- Allow at least two business days for the events team to review and process your request.
- A member of the events team may contact you for more information to better assist you with your request.
- Processing time depends on the complexity of the request. Events with services will take longer than simple meetings.
- A confirmation email will be sent when your request is approved. This means your reservation
is all set!
- Review the attached confirmation document to double check all details.
- Your Event Coordinator is your most important resource. Find their name on the document, because they are your point of contact and connection to the many campus departments that make events happen!
- If you need to change or cancel your reservation, contact your Event Coordinator.
Promoting Your Event
Submit an event description for college-wide events and events that are open to the public.
If your event is a college-wide event and/or open to the public, you will be asked to submit a short description of the event during the reservation process. A description for college-wide and/or public events is required as part of the College's event process. (Note: Internal meetings and trainings do not require a description.)
Event descriptions of college-wide events and public events will be added to the College Events Calendar, making the information visible to everyone that visits our website. Adding an event description is a simple way to share information across campus and with the public. It also helps the entire community plan ahead to attend the event or activity.
For questions regarding promotion of your event on the College website, email email@example.com.