|Category Name:||Administration and Operations/Policy|
|Responsible Unit:||Facilities & Planning|
|Responsible VP:||VP for Administration & Finance|
|Last Revision Date:|
|Last Review Date:|
|Shared governance: none|
This policy is in the process of being updated. We are awaiting final guidance from SUNY.
The intent of this policy is to provide clear guidelines so that vendors and contractors working on campus understand why there is a need for security badges, and how and when to obtain them.
SUNY Brockport is committed to the safety and security of all individuals on campus. We believe the visibility of a badge confirms the right of a contractor or vendor to be on campus when encountered by any student, staff or faculty member.
This policy applies to all contractors and vendors *not* managed by the Facilities Planning and Construction unit.
The Facilities Planning and Construction unit maintains a separate policy for contractors/vendors/visitors under their management. However, those entities will still be required to adhere to the Interim Guidance for Construction Activities during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, issued by the New York State Department of Health.
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
Host Department/Office/Unit Responsibilities
The Departmental/Office/Unit Contact is responsible for the daily operation of this guideline with contractors/vendors under their supervision. Specific responsibilities include:
- Completion of the Contractor/Vendor Notification Form (Short Term Visitors) – for short term visitors (72 hours or less) who are on the premises for contractual obligations, as well as the Event and Guest Parking Request Form.
- Submission of the above two forms no later than 2 pm the business day prior to the expected arrival date of the contractor/vendor, when possible.
- Scheduling of contractors/vendors to report to the Facilities Service Center between the hours of 7 am to 4 pm on weekdays, when possible, as those are the hours the Facilities Service Center staff are available to check in contractors/vendors.
- Ensuring that contractors/vendors are following this guideline.
- Notifying appropriate departmental/office/unit administration of any contractor/vendor failing to adhere to this guideline.
- Notification of appropriate parties and assistance in arrangements when a contractor must come to campus for an emergency during the hours the Facilities Service Center is closed, including obtaining the appropriate ID card for the contractor, if said contractor must remain on campus beyond 10 am the following business day.
Facilities Service Center Responsibilities
- When arriving on campus, all contractor/vendor employees are required to wear an appropriate face covering. If the employee(s) does not have a face covering, a face covering will be provided to the employee(s) by the Facilities Service Center.
- Once all documentation is confirmed, provide an adhesive “Contractor/Vendor” temporary ID that must be worn during their visit.
- There is no need to return the temporary pass to the Facilities Service Center.
- Have the contractor/vendor sign for any keys issued.
- When arriving on campus, all employees are required to wear an appropriate face covering. This face covering must be worn at all times during the visit. If the visitor does not have a face covering, upon check-in at the Facilities Service Center, a face covering will be provided to the employee(s).
- Report to the Facilities Service Center in the Commissary building.
- Provide the Service Center representative their name, the name of the individual they are meeting on campus, and the location and time of their scheduled appointment.
- Once all documentation is confirmed by Facilities Service Center staff, the employee(s) will be provided an adhesive “Contractor/Vendor” temporary ID that must be worn during their visit. Only then can the contractor/vendor employee(s) proceed to their destination. There is no need to return the temporary pass to the Facilities Service Center.
- The contractor/vendor will sign for any keys issued to them.
- ID cards (permanent type) and keys are the property of SUNY Brockport and must be returned at the conclusion of a job. Contractors and vendors will be responsible for the cost of replacement if the permanent ID card is lost or stolen through any negligence of the worker.
- Contractors who come on campus for emergencies when the Facilities Service Center is closed are required to obtain the appropriate ID card if remaining on campus beyond 10 am the following business day.
Contractors and Vendors are responsible for ensuring their employees and sub-contractors adhere to this policy. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assuring their employees wear the ID tags in a conspicuous place at all times while on campus.
- Notifying the Facilities Service Center of any lost or stolen ID tags.
- Contractors must display a contractor parking tag in the vehicle. Tags are available at the Facilities Service Center.
- Contractors, vendors, and delivery personnel are required to obtain parking authorization prior to parking in a designated space. Violators will be subject to fines/penalties.
- Loading docks must be used by delivery personnel when available. Vehicles must move as soon as unloading is finished.
- All vehicles parked on the landscape, pedestrian walkways or in the process of service delivery, must display adequate safety devices, i.e. flashing lights, cones, signage, etc.
- All incidents of property damage must be reported to the Facilities Service Center and the departmental representative.
- Vendors and contractors are responsible for following their job safety plans and will require all employees to abide by the PPE requirements for each task performed.
- All work-appropriate clothing must be presentable and in good condition.
- Upon completion of the day’s work, the contractor or vendor will contact the primary departmental representative and notify them that they are finished and leaving campus for the day.
Contractors Working 3 Days or Fewer on Campus
A temporary badge can be obtained from the Facilities Service Center upon arrival on campus.
Contractors Working More than 3 Days on Campus
Each contractor/vendor employee is expected to obtain a photo ID at the Business Services Office in Brockway Hall upon arrival on campus.
After Normal Business Hours (Urgent/Emergency Work)
Should contractors/vendors need to arrive on campus after the normal business hours of the Facilities Service Center (M-F, 7 am - 4 pm), they will need to be closely supervised by the host department making such arrangements. This close supervision will be necessary until the contractor/vendor is able to obtain the proper badge.
The Departmental Contact will need to ensure and assist contractors in obtaining the proper badge if remaining on campus beyond 10 am the following business day.
Close supervision of the contractor/vendor without proper ID will minimally require a member of the host department/office/unit to escort the contractor/vendor employee(s) at all times.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
Facilities Service Center or via (585) 395-2408
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2023-09-29||Three year review|
|Adoption Date||2020-09-29||Policy Adopted|
|Draft Review Date||N/A||Draft Policy under 30-day Campus Review|
This policy is approved by:
September 29, 2020