|Category Name:||Administration and Operations|
|Responsible Unit:||Office of Administration and Finance|
|Responsible Exec:||VP for Administration and Finance|
|Last Revision Date:|
|Last Review Date:|
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
720.01 Regulations of Mail Service
1. Items lacking postage are considered by the United States Post Office to be official College material and become the responsibility of the Mail Services staff to convert to mail by affixing the appropriate postage and delivering such mail to the local U.S. Post Office.
2. Only official outgoing or inter-office mail will be processed through Mail Services. Official mail is designated as material, which utilizes College stationary, an envelope indicating a College logo, and a departmental return address. Personal business should not be conducted using official letterhead, imprinted envelopes, or the departmental mailing address.
3. Personal mail may be entered into the College mail system provided it contains the proper postage before being accepted by Mail Services. Bill payments, insurance forms, cards, lobby letters, and correspondence relative to fringe benefits are all considered personal and should have the proper postage affixed prior to delivery to Mail Services. All correspondence, which appears to be personal in nature, without postage, will be returned to the sender. He/she may then either affix the proper postage or may return the material to Mail Services with verification of the appropriateness of affixing State-purpose postage.
4. University-affiliated groups, which wish to use the campus mail for distribution of mail, must receive approval from the supervisor of Mail Services.
5. All charges for metered mail relating to official College business or by approved University-related groups will be recharged against department budget or direct billed plus administrative overhead if applicable.
6.The College mail system may not be used for distribution of materials of a political, religious, or commercial nature.
720.02 Bulk Mail Services
1. Bulk mailing must be scheduled at least two (2) weeks in advance. Bulk services include labeling, folding, inserting, sorting, Zip +4, and bar-coding in accordance with U.S. Postal regulations. Scheduled mailings will be performed before walk-in mailings.
2. When planning bulk mailings, the mailer must consult with the supervisor of Mail Services to insure the mailing conforms to the automation guidelines of the U.S. Postal Service to maximize all available postal discounts.
3. For mailings of 200 pieces, or more, the mailer will utilize Administrative Data Processing to generate data, in the proper format, to be transferred to Mail Services for processing at the most economical postal rate. A mailer may request labels, for mailings of 200+ pieces, if the items are inter-campus only.
4. Mail Services has the capability to print presorted, bar-coded envelopes from a personal computer database. Mailers should contact the supervisor of Mail Services for the correct format.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
There are no links for this policy at this time.
There is no contact information for this policy at this time.
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||December 1, 2017||Three year review|
|Adoption Date||Unavailable||Policy Adopted|
This policy is approved by: