The M/C Tuition Reimbursement Program provides financial support for approved educational activities on a reimbursement basis for employees classified as Management Confidential.
|Category Name:||Human Resources|
|Responsible Unit:||Office of Human Resources|
|Responsible Exec:||VP for Administration and Finance|
|Last Revision Date:|
|Last Review Date:|
The following highlights describe key elements of the program:
• The program is based on supervisory approval of individual courses. All course work must be approved for reimbursement upon enrollment
• To qualify for reimbursement, course work must be directly job-related or more broadly career-related.
• The employee is responsible for any taxes and other withholdings as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code. This taxation of educational benefits is subject to continuous change. Please contact your financial advisor or accountant for details.
• Both credit and non-credit course work offered by four-year SUNY schools or organizations are eligible for reimbursement
• Covered tuition expenses are reimbursed at the rate of 75 percent, up to a maximum annual fiscal year reimbursement of $1750
• Reimbursement is a supplement to other financial assistance for which employees may be eligible. Employees are required to explore and report amounts of alternate financial assistance
• Reimbursement is based on satisfactory completion of each course. Satisfactory completion is attainment of a grade of at least C for all course work at the undergraduate level, and B at the graduate level
Employees must have six (6) months continuous state service immediately prior to beginning course work, otherwise meet all the requirements of the program, and be a Management/Confidential (M/C) employee at course completion to qualify for reimbursement.
Employees must be working half-time or more and meet the continuous service requirement to be eligible for reimbursement. Employees working less than half-time or on an unpaid leave of absence are not eligible for tuition reimbursement. Employees on full-time paid leave while attending school full time are not eligible for reimbursement.
Those employees who are separated from state service due to layoff are eligible for tuition reimbursement for one year from the date of layoff.
M/C employees may undertake course work to improve skills required to perform present job assignments, to remain current with innovations and emerging trends in their field, to improve administrative and management skills, or to prepare for positions within state service that may be attained through promotional examination.
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
1. Review program requirements, obtain applications and application instructions at the Governor's Office of Employee Relations M/C Tuition Reimbursement Program web page.
2. Complete the application (part I) and submit to the M/C Tuition Reimbursement Program processing unit per the application instructions
3. Upon course completion, complete the Computation Form (part II) and submit to the M/C Tuition Reimbursement Program processing unit
Links to Related Procedures and Information
There is no contact information for this policy at this time.
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||Deecember 1, 2017||Three year review|
|Adoption Date||Unavailable||Policy Adopted|
This policy is approved by: