This policy informs students on rules and regulations for accessing services for students with disabilities.
|Responsible Unit:||Office for Students with Disabilities|
|Responsible Exec:||VP for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs|
|Adoption Date:||July 2011|
|Last Revision Date:|
|Last Review Date:|
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
Procedures for Accessing Services
Services and/or reasonable accommodations are provided to enrolled students with disabilities who provide documentation and who personally request services through the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD).
- Student submits a confidential registration form and appropriate documentation to OSD in room 227 Seymour College Union.
- Documentation is assessed by the coordinator of OSD to determine if it is complete and appropriate.*
- The coordinator of OSD explains policies and procedures regarding letters of accommodation**, exam accommodations, support services, etc. during an intake appointment.
- Services and/or accommodations are implemented.
Students need to request services. Submission of documentation alone does not activate services or accommodations.
* Documentation is assessed for completeness and appropriateness under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Such assessment is necessary in order to establish a student's eligibility for academic accommodations and/or auxiliary aids and services.
** Accommodations received in the past, as well as some accommodations recommended in documentation, may not be considered appropriate at this time.
Important Related Information
Accommodations cannot be implemented until the student's documentation is complete. Further assessment by an appropriate professional may be required if documentation or lacks vital information that is necessary to determine eligibility. ￼
Accommodations will be determined collaboratively with the student and the Coordinator of OSD.
However, OSD is ultimately responsible for determining appropriate and reasonable accommodations.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
You may review the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504, Subpart E) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 for more information.
Documentation should be submitted to:
Office for Students with Disabilities
The College at Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
227 Seymour College Union
Brockport, NY 14420-2947
(585) 395-5291 (fax)
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||July 2014||Three year review|
|Adoption Date||July 2011||Policy Adopted|
This policy is approved by: