Main Page Content

Property Surplus/Disposal/Transfer

Equipment may be removed from a department as surplus, disposal or transfer to another College department or SUNY institution. Any state-owned equipment being removed from a department for these reasons must have a Surplus/Transfer Request Form completed in its entirety and submitted to the Special Services Supervisor in Facilities & Planning. The following are examples of equipment that are included, but are not limited to:

  • Furnishings including desks, chairs, shelving, etc.
  • Filing cabinets
  • Computers, including desktop, laptops and tablets*
  • Copiers*
  • Printers*
  • Fax Machines*
  • Cell Phones/PDA's/Smart Phones*
  • Audio/Visual Equipment*

*When disposing of these items from the department inventory, please contact the Help Desk, 395-5151, to schedule an appointment for pick up. The LITS Department will need to "clean" the hard drives and/or harvest usable parts prior to disposal or recycling. LITS will be responsile for notifying the Property Control Office of the disposal of this equipment.

Questions related to removal of state-owned equipment from a department should be directed to Pam Powell, x5148.

Close mobile navigation

Last Updated 8/28/17