Procurement & Payment Services

Main Page Content

How to Purchase...

There are many instances that would require advertising by College departments. In such situations the following procedures are to be followed:

  • Contact the appropriate source for the advertising
  • Provide the vendor with a requisition number for the ad(s) to be run
  • Provide the vendor with a sample of the ad(s) to be placed
  • Provide the vendor with the applicable date(s) and/or time(s) for the ad(s) to run

Following the publication and placement of the ad(s), the vendor must send an itemized invoice, including a tear sheet or affidavit and rate card, to the ordering department. After approving the invoice for payment, the department must forward the invoice and tear sheet (or affidavit and rate card) to Procurement & Payment Services for payment. When placing on-line advertising, the department is required to obtain either a hard copy sample of the ad or and e-mail attachment of the ad from the vendor.

NOTE:  Social Media advertising must be done through College Communications or if for a Fine Arts Department, through the Arts Events Manager only.   

Advertising Job Vacancies

The College at Brockport has a contract with Graystone Group Advertising for employment advertising services. This contract allows appropriate personnel to place job vacancy advertisements in local, regional, and national publications at a reduced cost and with a consistent appearance.

The following process must be followed for all employment advertising:

  • Use appropriate advertising media and source for specific job title
  • Dean's Office (faculty line) or Department (staff line) is responsible for placing the ad directly with Graystone
  • Graystone will send the invoice and proof of ad directly to Procurment & Payment Services (P&PS)
    • This is a direct bill so please notify P&PS with any issues/problems before payment is made
  • Budgeting will advise the appropriate Affirmative Action account for payment
  • P&PS will make payment directly to Graystone

Note: In instances where Graystone is unable to place an ad with a specific advertiser (e.g., associations where a membership is required), the appropriate procurement cardholder should place the advertisement directly with the advertiser using a p-card account.

  • Proof of ad is still required for p-card records
  • Cardholder will be required to initiate a journal transfer following the p-card reconciliation

The contact information for Graystone Group Advertising is as follows:

Please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at ext. 2561 or Wendy Vergamini at ext. 5144 with any questions regarding this procedure.

Close mobile navigation

Last Updated 3/29/18