Main Page Content

Use of The College at Brockport Facilities & Resources

The College at Brockport facilities and resources are available for use by faculty, students and campus organizations for educational, cultural, recreational and internal organizational activities that are in support of the mission of the College.

Campus facilities are also available for non-College, non-commercial (external) organizations, so long as those events do not conflict with institutional priorities or adversely impact the College’s resources. External groups and organizations must work directly with the campus department responsible for the requested resource/facility to determine availability, applicable fee schedule and authorization for use through a Revocable Permit process.

If a commercial business wishes to reserve space, please contact Procurement and Payment Services prior to the beginning of the permit process.

If the organization has participants who are non-matriculated minors under the age of 17, please refer to the SUNY Child Protection Policy.


Revocable permits are required for short-term (one year or less) or occasional use of The College at Brockport’s facilities by non-commercial and non-College (external) organizations. A Revocable Permit is an agreement that provides the terms and conditions for use of campus facilities by an external group or organization. For use that is expected to exceed one year, the organization/user should contact Procurement & Payment Services to determine if a long-term agreement would be more appropriate.

An applying organization must agree to follow campus policies related to agreements as well as SUNY established policies for use of state facilities by non-commercial organizations by submitting a completed Revocable Permit packet (checklist for completing) including all required liability insurance to the respective campus department. he permit request must then be forwarded by the appropriate campus department for review/approval by Procurement & Payment prior to the use of College facilities/resources by the organization. Please allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for review/approval for permits valued less than $25,000 or less than 29 days.  Eight (8) hours is considered one (1) day.

Revocable Permits that are expected to exceed a value of $10,000, require review and approval from the State Comptroller’s and Attorney General’s Offices. Long Term Permits, (longer than 29 days), must be approved by the Vice Chancellor for Capital Facilities.  Please contact Procurement and Payment Services if you have a permit which meets this criteria; additional forms may be required.  Please allow a minimum of 3-6 months for review/approval at this level.


All external groups must secure appropriate liability insurance coverage naming The College at Brockport as the additional insured. The insurance is required to meet the following minimums:

  • General Liability insurance in the amount of one million ($1,000,000) dollars Each Occurrence and two million ($2,000,000) dollars General Aggregate
    • The College at Brockport, State University of NY, 350 New Campus Drive, Brockport NY 14420 must be named as the Certificate Holder (additional insured)
  • Wokers' Compensation:
    • C-105.2 (if using a private insurance carrier) OR U-26.3 (if insured through the NYS Insurance Fund) OR SI-12 or GSI-105.2 (if self-insured)
  • Disability:
    • DB-120.1 (if using a private insurance carrier) OR DB-155 (if self-insured)

The College will not finalize the approval process until a liability certificate has been received meeting these requirements.


  • Non-profit educationally oriented associations and organizations
  • Non-profit religious organizations
  • Local, County, State and University agencies and organizations
  • Organizations that, by meeting on campus, will enhance the relationship between the College and the Community, or which enhance the educational mission of the College
  • Organizations which provide a community service and which, in their use of College facilities, do not compete with area businesses

Any non-commercial, non-College organization requesting use of campus facilities for an event that is predominantly attended by non-College participants will require a Revocable Permit. Those attending as invited guests of the College to participate in a College sponsored event will not require a Revocable Permit.

Use of campus facilities by other NY State agencies will not require a Revocable Permit or liability insurance but the issuance of a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, will be necessary. Agencies are asked to work directly with the campus department responsible for the requested facility to determine availability, applicable fee schedule and request an MOU process through Procurement and Payment Services.

Sports Camps: Any camp which instructs campers and is not sponsored by the Athletic Department of The College at Brockport will require a Revocable Permit.  The camp must have its own liability insurance and must submit a Certificate of Liability Insurance when applying for a Revocable Permit.

External organizations that are not affiliated with or endorsed by The College at Brockport may not use The College at Brockport name in any advertising.

For more information regarding the use of and need for Revocable Permits, please contact Pam Powell at x5148 or Mark Stacy, x5149 or refer to Campus Agreement procedures for additional information regarding campus agreements and contracts on The College at Brockport campus.

Definition of Terms:

  • Facilities – University controlled (owned or leased) land, structures, buildings, equipment and furniture.
  • Full-time equivalent days – a period equal to eight hours.
  • Non-commercial organizations – non-commercial organizations shall be deemed to include:
    • Federal, state or local governmental units, departments and agencies;
    • Business, charitable, civic, community, cultural, educational, entertainment, industrial, labor, political, professional, recreational and religious organizations, operating on a not-for-profit basis and whose activities are consistent with and in furtherance of University purposes.
  • Occasional Users – those non-commercial organizations using facilities for an equivalent of not more than 29 full-time equivalent days during a state fiscal year, and which do not involve any construction upon, or modification of, University facilities.
  • Other Users – those non-commercial organizations using facilities for an equivalent of 30 or more full-time equivalent days during a state fiscal year, or which involve any construction upon, or modification of, University facilities.
  • President – each campus president or the president’s written designee, or, for system administration facilities, the chancellor or the chancellor’s written designee.
Close mobile navigation

Last Updated 8/28/17