Procurement & Payment Services

Main Page Content


Employees are responsible for booking and paying for airfare purchases independently. Reimbursement will be made via the Travel Voucher.

In consideration of the cost of airfare and the need to book in advance to receive lower rates, reimbursement for airfare only can be made prior to the event, with departmental approval. If approved, please complete and submit the Prepaid Airfare Reimbursement Form along with the proof of payment, justification of travel, and a Travel Voucher to Procurement & Payment Services prior to your trip.

For frequent travelers who do not currently have a State Travel Card, the College will review requests for a Travel Card based on necessity and frequency of travel. Please e-mail all Travel Card requests to Chelsea Donnelly.

Please direct all questions or concerns regarding these changes to Chelsea Donnelly, ext. 2338.

Travel Policies

Policies governing travel by The College at Brockport employees can be found in the NYS OGS Manual. Requests for travel reimbursements must follow these guidelines:

  • Travel Vouchers may only be submitted for the total amount approved for reimbursement. For example: If the traveler has been approved for a $500 travel expense and the actual out-of-pocket expenses is $600, the travel voucher can only request reimbursement for the approved $500.
  • Travel Vouchers must provide a State or IFR account number to be charged. If there is more than one account number being used on the travel voucher, please specify how much money is to be reimbursed from each account number.
  • Travel Vouchers must always include the dates and times of departure and all supporting travel documentation including, but not limited to the following: agenda, itinerary, handouts, etc.

All travel related questions should be directed to Chelsea Donnelly at ext. 2338.

U.S. Travel Regulations

The following information has been provided by The Travel Team, the NYS Office of General Services and pertains to U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. Please make yourselves familiar with the document requirements for traveling outside the U.S. based on the information provided below:

Air Travel

Implemented on January 23, 2007, ALL PERSONS traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean region are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.

Land And Sea Travel

The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website.

    • Effective January 31, 2008:

U.S. and Canadian citizens will need to present a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, plus proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate. DHS also proposes to begin alternative procedures for U.S. and Canadian at that time.

    • Effective Summer 2008:

At a later date, to be determined, the departments will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have either a U.S. passport; a U.S. passport card; a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, FAST, or SENTRI; a valid Merchant Mariner Document (MMD) when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business; or a valid U.S. Military identification card when traveling on official orders.

The implementation date will be determined based on a number of factors, including the progress of actions undertaken by the Department of Homeland Security to implement the WHTI requirements and the availability of WHTI compliant documents on both sides of the border. DHS and DOS expect the date of full WHTI implementation to be in the summer of 2008. The precise implementation date will be formally announced with at least 60 days notice.

Note: The passport requirement does NOT apply to U.S. citizens traveling to or returning directly from a U.S. territory.

(U.S. territories include: American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Swains Island, and U.S. Virgin Islands).

Close mobile navigation

Last Updated 4/4/18