There may have been some changes to your schedule this summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of these changes have to do with a course delivery change, that is, a course that needed to be changed to Hybrid, Asynchronous online, Synchronous online, or Combined online. Definitions of these delivery types are as follows:
A course that meets face-to-face in the classroom for some dates, and anytime online for the rest of the class. Attendance at all class sessions is mandatory.
A course that meets 100% online at any time- not in person and not in real time.
A course that meets face-to-face via remote technology at specific times on specific dates. Students are required to attend all class meetings and complete all assignments and coursework.
A course that meets 100% online, which includes a mandatory synchronous (same time) online component, and a mandatory asynchronous online component. Students will meet face-to-face via remote technology at specific times on specific dates. The remainder of the course will be 100% asynchronous online/activities at any time.
Please check your personal schedule to see if you have had changes to any of these types of course delivery. If you see a building of “LRNNET” and a room of “SUNY” for a course, or a location of “LRNNET SUNY,” you know that at least part of that course is online.
If a course has an online component, there will be additional information about the course delivery type and how a hybrid or an online course meets in the course notes for that course. To access the any course note for the courses on your personal course schedule, please be sure to check the public online schedule of classes by doing the following:
- Go to the Brockport home page and click on “Quicklinks.”
- Click on ‘Course Schedule.”
- Select the term “Fall 2020” and click on “submit.”
- Look up the first class on your schedule, click “Class Search” at the bottom of the page.
- Find your specific course and section in the search results.
- Click on the blue CRN at the left side of the course.
- The course note for this course is under the blue course number/section/title at the top of the page. The course note includes specifics for the course, requirements, and when and how the course meets.
- After reading the course note, click on “Return to previous” at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “New Search” at the bottom of the Search Results page.
- Start over for the next course on your schedule.