Office of Registration and Records

Main Page Content

Changing the Credit Type for a Course

Credit type refers to whether a course is registered on a letter grade (A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D- or E) basis or on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory (S/U) basis. The college policy on credit type can be found at Student Policies, then click "Registration and Records" and then click "Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grading".

Students must choose the desired credit type at the time of registration but can change it from a letter grade to satisfactory/unsatisfactory or vice versa if the change is indicated on the enrollment form and submitted to the Office of Registration and Records before the end of the late add period. After that, the credit type cannot be changed and the grade will be assigned according to the credit type assigned. Changes in credit type are not permitted online. Students may register and choose the S/U credit type option for a course in addition to any course registered that is only offered on an S/U basis. Students must come in, write or fax a request to the Office of Registration and Records to request this change.

Please visit Student Policies for additional Brockport Policies.

Last Updated 3/5/18

Close mobile navigation