Online registration is operational 24/7 during registration periods from Brockport Website and you can register from any computer anywhere that is connected to the Internet
Main Page Content
Before you register
- Check your records for any holds that may prevent you from registering. Once signed on to the system, go to “Student Services” and then “View Holds”. Go to “Quick Links” from the home page and then “Directory” to contact the holding office regarding clearance. Only the office that placed the hold on your record can clear it.
- Please note:If a hold is placed on your record after you have registered for courses, you must either come to the Office of Registration and Records or fax, (585) 395-5392, a written request with your signature to request any adjustments to your schedule.
- Matriculated undergraduate students and second semester matriculated graduate students must obtain their Advisement Key Numbers from their advisors to register online. The Office of Registration and Records does not assign or give out Advisement Key Numbers to students.
- A Permission Override Number is required from the course instructor to open a seat for any course that is closed or otherwise restricted.
How to register
- To register for courses using the online registration system, you will need to get the four-digit Course Reference Number (CRN) for each course. Go to Brockport Website and click Quick Links and then Course Schedule to look up the CRNs.
- Go to Brockport Website
- Click Quick Links button
- Click on "Web Banner"
- Enter your Banner ID number and Banner PIN.
- First-time user?
- Enter your 6-digit birth date as your PIN in MMDDYY format (i.e. July 6, 1987 = 070687).
- Click Login
- Enter Old PIN – enter your birth date again
- Enter New PIN – make up and enter a new six-character PIN (no hyphens, dashes or slashes). Your PIN must contain both letters and numbers. Please note that your PIN is case sensitive.
- Re-enter New PIN – enter the PIN that you just created again
- Security question –Choose a question from the drop down menu and enter your answer.
- Forgot your PIN?
- Enter your Banner ID number ONLY and click Forgotten/Disabled PIN?
- Enter the correct answer to your security question and click Submit Answer.
- You’ll be asked to enter a new PIN for future access. If you don’t remember the answer, click "I forgot my answer, reset my PIN automatically".
- Then go to Student Google Apps Accounts for your PIN Reset Authorization Code and instructions to reset your PIN.
- First-time user?
- Click on Student Services
- Click on Registration – If you have a hold on your record, you will receive a message indicating that you cannot register at this time. You will need to contact the holding office and clear the hold before you can register. Go to Brockport Website and click Quick Links and then Directory to find the phone number and location of the appropriate office.
- Do you have a Permission Override Number?
If YES, click the Permission Override Number link, Enter the CRN and the Permission Override Number and click on Submit Permission Override. Then click Back to the Registration Menu and continue to the next step toregister the course.
If NO, Continue with the next step.
- Click on Registration/Add/Drop Classes -- The system will prompt you to enter your Advisement Key Number.
- Select Term -- Be sure to choose the appropriate term - Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter.
- Enter CRNs – Enter one CRN per box. Click Submit Changes. The courses that were successfully registered will appear with the Web Registered message. Those not successfully registered (scroll down) will appear as registration
errors with the reason given in the status column to the left. You cannot override
these courses. You will need to get a Permission Override Number from the course instructor
to open a seat and allow you to register the course, choose another open section of
the course or choose a different open course.
To search for more courses, scroll down, click the Search for Classes button and select the appropriate search criteria. Click Class Search. Courses with that search criteria will list. Click in the box to the left of the CRN and click Register to directly register that course to your schedule or click the Add to Worksheet button to select courses from which to choose to build your schedule.
- Affirm Enrollment - VERY IMPORTANT STEP to prevent your courses from being removed! Click on the affirm your enrollment status link (scroll up) click both the Accept and Submit buttons to lock in your course schedule.
- Click on the Exit Link (top right corner of page)
- Close your browser to protect your privacy.
Please visit How to Add/Drop Courses Online for instructions.