The College at Brockport community will support local families in need this holiday season through the Seasons of Gratitude campaign. Seasons of Gratitude is an adaptation of the former Holiday Helping Hand campaign with a primary focus of food collection.
Main Page Content
The Seasons of Gratitude campaign will focus on domestic poverty and education, which allows us to create opportunities to engage a broad cross-section of faculty, staff, students and community partners in building relationships as we coordinate food collection and distribution as determined by need.
Whether you are a student or faculty/staff member, Seasons of Gratitude has a variety of opportunities to get involved in. Individuals, departments, clubs, organizations, and residence halls are invited to participate. In order to sign up for any of the opportunities, please access the appropriate link to log into the myBROCKPORT system to sign up (Brockport netID/password required to log in to myBROCKPORT). Our Seasons of Gratitude point person for each area will contact you with additional information via email following your submission.
There are six ways to participate (collection deadline is Friday, December 9):
- Dimitri House Soup Kitchen
- Handing out Flyers for Upcoming Can and Bottle Collection
- Can and Bottle Collection for Ginther Gives
- Foodlink Warehouse Project
- Clothing and Hygiene Focused Program
Are you interested in serving lunch and/or preparing a meal at Dimitri House in Rochester? We are looking for 4 volunteers that are available and interested in traveling to Rochester on November 10th from 12:15 to 5 pm and serving lunch in their soup kitchen. These times include travel time to and from Dimitri House.
Are you interested in walking around the Village of Brockport passing out flyers and handing out garbage bags in preparation for our Can and Bottle Collection the following weekend?
If interested in participating, please contact Nikole Van Wie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are needed for a can and bottle collection that will occur on Saturday, November 5th at 11 am. Cans and bottles will be returned and the proceeds will go toward the purchase of non-perishable food items for the Ginther Gives program through the Brockport Central School District.
We are looking for 14 volunteers that would be interested in volunteering at Foodlink in Rochester on November 16th from 1- 4 pm. Please contact Nikole Van Wie if interested at email@example.com.
The Clothing and Hygiene Focused Program at Cameron Community Ministries is a clothing house open to clients Tuesdays-Thursdays from 9:30- 12:30 pm. They need regular volunteers interested in helping sort through donations and helping clients with their clothing and hygiene.
Please deliver collected items to the Office of Community Development, Room 203
in the Seymour College Union, by Thursday, December 10, 2015.
Volunteer your time:
- Collection/Sorting Day: Volunteers are needed to help collect and sort through all of the items collected by the campus. On Friday, December 11, Room B129 in the Union will turn into a collection site as we prepare all of the items prior to their distribution to the local community. Volunteer shifts are available throughout the day.
- Tabling: Volunteers are needed to help promote Seasons of Gratitude by tabling in the Seymour College Union, starting Monday, November 2, and ending Friday, December 11. Volunteer shifts are available Monday – Friday between 10 am and 4 pm.
Learn more about Seasons of Gratitude:
- Visit myBROCKPORT: Eagle Service Days/SofG
- Visit Facebook: Seasons of Gratitude - The College at Brockport
- Email us at Serve@brockport.edu
- Call us at (585) 395-5245
On behalf of the local Brockport community, please accept our deepest thanks and gratitude for your generosity. Your kindness and caring will make their holiday season a memorable one.