Authorizing Federal Title IV Aid for Non-institutional Expenses

Federal Title IV financial aid funds (for example, Stafford loans, PELL, and PLUS loans) are restricted to payment of current period tuition, fees, room, and board.

Main Page Content

Program regulations permit students to authorize the use of Title IV financial aid funds for non-institutional expenses such as books and supplies, parking expenses, campus debit systems such as the BASC Easy Money program, and fees such as the Gift to the Fund for Brockport. Students may also authorize these funds for prior period expenses.

How to Authorize Title IV Financial Aid

  1. Access Brockport Website
  2. Click on the Quick Links option located at the top right of the homepage
  3. Select Web Banner
  4. Enter your Brockport User ID and Password
  5. Select on the Financial Aid tab located at the top of the page
  6. Click on Financial Aid Authorization
  7. Select the term for which you are authorizing the aid to be used and submit
  8. Check both boxes to authorize the financial aid and submit

Last Updated 4/19/22